Photo

What Is The Antidepressant With Worst Withdrawal Symptoms?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future I would like to stop cymbalta

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

In your experience with antidepressants, which do you consider is the antidepressant with worst withdrawal symptoms???
and the one with the minimum withdrawal symptoms?

#2 rigby941

rigby941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

For the worst - I'd say Cymbalta. I had to have my husband hide our gun because I felt like shooting myself today...

Easiest.... um - none, really. I've been on so many... Pristiq is pretty bad, I remember - but not as bad as Cymbalta...

#3 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I can´t believe that among all the antidepressants in the market, my doctor just picked the one with the worst withdrawl symptoms

#4 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

I can´t believe that among all the antidepressants in the market, my doctor just picked the one with the worst withdrawl symptoms

I think you already know the answer to you question: MARKETING by Eli Lilly. Those ads appear in medical journals, too. The docs make money and get perks for writing prescriptions. So what if you suffer? It's all legal but it's all WRONG! :angry:
Please inform you doctor about your experience. MAYBE s/he will be humble enough to listen. Maybe not. Write down what you have experienced and mail it to your doc. Ceritfied mail really gets their attention. :D

If you haven't already done so please file with the FDA and let your doc know that you have done so. We have to do everthing possible to get this junk off the market before it destroys more people.
www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

If more of us would 'get in their faces' perhaps they will eventually listen.
Good info in the link below.

http://www.fda.gov/d...dvisoryCommitte

Don't be a silent victim. Every noise we make will eventually keep other people from enduring what we have endured.
Hope you withdraw as quickly and painlessly as possible. It aint easy to get off a med that tampers with TWO neurotransmitters at once. How long will it be before they come out with one that screws up all THREE? I think the CIA is workin on that now! :P

#5 cookie

cookie

God-like

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Happyzapynot:
When I started cymbalta, I was told it was a very "soft" medicine. My doctor didn´t want to prescribe Prozac, because it was too "strong".
When my cymbalta dosage was increased I started experiencing prickling pin & needles sensations. I report this to my doctor, and he said it had nothing to do with the medication, that it was probably the detergent I was using to wash my clothes!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users