• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evanwalker

evanwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi all....I'm 31 year old female. I took cymbalta a few years ago for over a year and had positive results. I became pregnant and quit cold turkey 11 months ago. After having baby, Dr suggested I go back on cymbalta at 30 mg per day. I began 9 days ago and have had the worst side effects ever....dry mouth, nausea, complete insomnia, no appetite. I want to get off immediately. How should I go about weaning? Will I have much withdrawal if I have only taken 9 days? Thanks for all advice!

#2 evanwalker

evanwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just got return call from my Dr and she is saying to just stop today.....any thoughts? I hope my withdraw symptoms are minor

#3 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hi
If its only been 9 days i would just stop it, get plenty of rest and take ginger gravol if your nauseated that works great for me. I would look at other meds if you need something because from what i have lived thru i would never take this drug again.
Good luck

#4 evanwalker

evanwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thanks so much....I'm in day 2 now of no cymbalta. The worst is that I haven't had any sleep in 2 days. Today I have been very weepy and bad headache. I hope to get some sleep tonight!

#5 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Thanks so much....I'm in day 2 now of no cymbalta. The worst is that I haven't had any sleep in 2 days. Today I have been very weepy and bad headache. I hope to get some sleep tonight!

Hope you are able to sleep it off and be free of any other symptoms. PLEASE report your experience to the FDA. The fact that you took the drug in the past and got a different reaction when you returned to it could be important.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of Prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
http://www.drugs.com...273-1511-0.html
Every legitimate report to the FDA will help to press the case for the dangers of this drug.
Thanks!

#6 rigby941

rigby941

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hope you are able to sleep it off and be free of any other symptoms. PLEASE report your experience to the FDA. The fact that you took the drug in the past and got a different reaction when you returned to it could be important.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of Prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
http://www.drugs.com...273-1511-0.html
Every legitimate report to the FDA will help to press the case for the dangers of this drug.
Thanks!

Thanks for posting the FDA website - I'll be contacting them on that, for sure! I'm currently weaning off of Cymbalta - NOT fun. I was on it just over a year - last night (I'm down to 30 mg's vs. the 60mg's I was regularly taking - but, yeah - last night - I felt like I was having a HORRIBLE acid flashback - that's all I can think of to describe it... lasted around 45 minutes or so... was hell.

I posted today (screenname is "rigby941") about tapering off... last night was the worst, though...

thanks, again! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users