Photo

Horrible Day....;(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to stop (1 member(s) have cast votes)

I have been taking Cymbalta 30mg for 3 months now and I forgot to take it for 3 days. Yesterday out of the blue I felt as I was going to faint, dizzy and I started throwing up for the rest of the day, dizzy and nauseaus. Want to stop the nightmare

1. Should I start on the 20 mg? (1 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. I have a hard time sleeping and having bad dreams (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

I read all the horror stories of people trying to stop and my doctor doesn't know anything. Suggestions please? rather have strong PMS than this horrible symptoms

1. Is it a good idea start to take some peelets out of pills slowly? (1 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Is porzac a good idea? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FLOR

FLOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I started taking Cymbalta 30 mg almost 3 months ago for strong PMS that causes me to go into deep depression every months for about 10 days, then I go bak to normal, I avoided every doctors advice to take antidepressants until this time. I feel tired and can't sleep very well and honestly I don't see much difference on my mood, I feel spacey. This weekened I forgot to take it for 3 days and yesterday all of the sudden I started feeling very nauseous and everything started spinning, was a horrible feeling that lasted all day and got worse in the evening, I could not lift my head from the pillow and I started to vomit violently. I looked at this website and now I understand what happened. I took my pill right away and feel better today but still feel weak and blurry vision. This med is not worth what I went trough yesterday and I read the horror stories. I need to stop now but don't know the best way to do it. My doctor is clueless and not helpful at all. Should I try to get 20 mg first? Please would love some advice, thank you!!!!

#2 happyzapynot

happyzapynot

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

I started taking Cymbalta 30 mg almost 3 months ago for strong PMS that causes me to go into deep depression every months for about 10 days, then I go bak to normal, I avoided every doctors advice to take antidepressants until this time. I feel tired and can't sleep very well and honestly I don't see much difference on my mood, I feel spacey. This weekened I forgot to take it for 3 days and yesterday all of the sudden I started feeling very nauseous and everything started spinning, was a horrible feeling that lasted all day and got worse in the evening, I could not lift my head from the pillow and I started to vomit violently. I looked at this website and now I understand what happened. I took my pill right away and feel better today but still feel weak and blurry vision. This med is not worth what I went trough yesterday and I read the horror stories. I need to stop now but don't know the best way to do it. My doctor is clueless and not helpful at all. Should I try to get 20 mg first? Please would love some advice, thank you!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that this drug has made you ill. Doctor's prescribe a drug which affects TWO neurotransmitters for problems that do not warrant so much 'firepower.'

Have you researched natural remedies for PMS and depression? You may want to check into magnesium supplements and natural treatments for thyroid imbalances. (NativeRemedies.com has excellent information. You may want to start there and do more research on the ingredients in their remedies. Some of their products are homeopathic and, imo, homeopathic remedies have no medicinal value.)

ABOUT WITHDRAWAL DOSAGES: I found that breaking open a capsule, counting out 50-75 granules, and taking them in the morning only on days when the symptoms were unbearable helped tremendously. I had cut back gradually but had awful problems. The 30 mg every other day plan was HORRIBLE for me. So much suffering!
Read through posts on this site to see what worked for other people. I took milk thistle after I developed chills and fever because it is a trusted medicine for the liver. 5HTP and SAMe will probably help you tremendously. They help your brain with neurotransmitter function in a much more 'user friendly' manner than SNR's or SSRIs.

Doctor's believe what the drug companies tell them and Eli Lilly has sold them a bill of goods! You have to look out for yourself. You have to educate yourself. This site is an excellent starting place.
Hope you are able to withdraw from $ymbalta without too much misery and that you find a safer, milder treatment for the PMS problems. Please post an update! :)

#3 cymbaltavictim1010

cymbaltavictim1010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLONDON
  • why_joining:
    BECAUSE I WANT THIS DRUG BANNED AND WITHDRAWN AND SOME OFFICIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAMME ESTABLISHED

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

FLOR. Wean yourself off over a month by breaking the capsules open and taking as few "globules" as you can to stave off the zaps. I am a survivor. I am here to help. This "medicine" destroyed my career and my marriage. Contact me if you want to know anything. For PMS take evening primrose oil, nothing works better. Meanwhile, take Omega 3 to fend off the zaps. Never, ever imagine a future taking Cymbalta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users