• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Diann

Diann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

I cannot believe I am wiring this post. I am a disabled retired Doctor of Pharmacy who started taking Cymbalta to prevent withdrawal from Effexor. I had been on Cymbalta 120 mg since 2005; have worked down to 30 to 60 mg of Cymbalta daily. Considering stopping Cymbalta completely because I cannot tolerate the side effects anymore. Currently I suffer from multiple daily episodes of heavy sweating without exercise, sinus tachycardia, and extreme difficulty sleeping. My psychiatrist has been very supportive of me in this endeavor; but I know from a lifetime of experience that the patients on medications are really the ones who know what is going on. So think of me as a babe in the woods who is clueless. Should I taper off completely or continue to struggle with changing my clothes several times daily and my bedsheets every morning?

#2 TXcounselor

TXcounselor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    On Cymbalta for about a year for peripheral neuropathy. Withdrawal from the drug has been hellish and life-changing. Need support and want to support others.

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I had the sweating issue too. I bought those Sheex sheets (sweat wicking) and a DriNights nightgown and they helped me stay a little drier. I also had nightmares with Cymbalta so it seemed worth it to stop (and now that I know the damage it does, I KNOW it was worth it to stop). If you do stop, though, you may want to consider a slow taper over the span of 1-6 months. I did a month and it was tough, but do-able. I still sweat more than normal, but not as much as when I was on Cymbalta or in the worst of the withdrawal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users