2 replies to this topic

#1 FHF

FHF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I am feeling extremely lucky that I have been able to transition relatively well from 60 mg to now 15 mg over the course of about 2 months. My PNP first recommended that I start by going down to 30 or 40mg and I told her NO THANK YOU I'll start more slowly and start at 50mg. Well that was a tough enough jump so I started taking 5 to 10 more granules out of my pills each day to wean more slowly and that has been extremely helpful. After dealing with some mood swings and tough fatigue I'm doing quite well the only problem now is daily diarrhea/loose stools. I am a fitness instructor and I teach early in the morning. Every morning I go to the bathroom, drive to work early and then go to the bathroom about 3-4 more times before starting my classes. Fortunately, I'm still able to work and feel pretty okay. However, as I near 0mg the rate of bathroom trips seem to be increasing! :(

I'm 95% sure that it's related to the Cymbalta and not something dietary or other physical issue because of the type of symptoms. otherwise feeling good, stopping drinking coffee, and cutting out dairy just in case. Currently I'm taking

*Special One Multivitamin
*Fish Oil and Flax Oil capsules
*Probiotics
*2000 mg Vitamin D (prescribed by my NP because it was the only level that was off in my recent blood work)
*B Complex

I started taking these about 1 1/2 months ago so before the intestinal symptoms started. 've also started drinking aloe juice - about 4oz per day. I would drink more but it would be too pricey!

I also take one or two generic Immodium tablets when I simply need to be able to work and not run to the bathroom. I eat a very balanced diet with a fair amount of veggies, fish, and whole grain bread. (I'm a 29 year old female and otherwise in great health.)

I have a few questions for my fellow Cymbalta transitioners...

1) Have you experienced the same symptoms? If so, at what point where they at their worst and how long did it take to improve?

2) What supplements and/or dietary changes have you found to be most helpful?

3) When did your tummy troubles end for good?!?!?

This forum has been extremely helpful for me and I feel very lucky to be doing as well as I am. The advice I can offer from my experience is to go slowly by taking a little out of your pills at a time and also definitely supplement with vitamins, fish oil, etc.!

Thank you!

#2 Uriel

Uriel

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hi
I never experienced any gastrointestinal problems on or off the cymbalta but i think it is because i take a fiber everyday. It's called superfiber by new roots my NP put me on it.
Maybe give that a shot. you don't need to take probiotics when you take this because it's in there already.
Hope it helps.

#3 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

I had digestion issues with Cymbalta as well, especially as I've started weaning off of it. The two things that seem to totally work (for me) are dill pickles with garlic (and sipping the juice!)... and 1/2 tsp of baking soda mixed with a little water (instant appeasement of symptoms, which means Cymbalta has probably made my stomach more acidic?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users