• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AnniezDizzy

AnniezDizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

I'm on a new insurance company, that my husband has at work. I used to have insurance through my job. I had to quit my job because of seizures. The new insurance company won't refill my prescription of cymbalta. (first it was because I had a 90 prescription and they will only give it on a 30 period preapproved, now they want more information from the doctor as to why I am on it) I've been completely without for two days now. I was taking 120 mg. I started on 60 mg for depression. My doctor increased it to 120 mg for fibromyalgia. It was like a miracle! I stopped hurting everywhere and my depression fog lifted. Now here I am 2 and a half years later having to go off cold turkey. I am sick! I hurt all over! I'm not looking forward to the next few days or weeks.

After reading some of these posts though I am wondering if some of the symptoms I've had lately haven't been because of this drug. I don't believe it caused the seizures. I've had symptoms of temporal lobe seizures for longer than I was on the drug. I had brain surgery in 2008 which I believe is part of my seizure problem.

What problems did you all have while ON the drug not just going off of it? I want to know if I actually should be quitting even if the stupid insurance company is forcing it.

Thanks

#2 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hi AnnieDizzy

Welcome to this forum. You will find a wealth of information here. I suggest you google Seratonin Syndrome and see if any of these symptoms have affected you. Ater 4 years of getting weaker and sicker everyday I figured out literally (Ibelieve) by Devine Interventionsince( I had been praying for a miracle to find out what had happened to me over the past 4 years. I had experience every smptom except diarrhea, sizures and death that were listed for Seratonin Syndrome.This is why I have to stop taking Cymbalta.

Any way you should probably call your PCP and ask for some samples until your new insurance comes through for you. DON'T STOP COLD TURKEY especially since you have had seizures in the past. If necessary,go to or call an urgent care center and ask for advice until you can talk with your own Dr. Right now your body NEEDS the cymbalta. After researching this site and talking with your Dr you can decide if you want to continue taking it or not. As you will see, Cymbalta withdrawal is very physically and emotionally painful.There are many successful people in these posts and I think it will definitely benefit me since I suffered so many side effects of this drug. I personally tapered off this past month from 90mg/day. I am presently on day 8 of NO cymbalta. It is rough but I make it through one day at a time by the Grace of God.

Good luck in your informed decisiion making process. May God Bless you and keep you safe. Please keep us informed. :rolleyes:

#3 RAWKIN

RAWKIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I lost my job with insurance and can not afford insurance at my current job. I have been taking Cymbalta 60mg for 4 years now, I am also attempting to go cold turkey. This is the second attempt, I did qualify for a one time help from the makers of Cymbalta where they sent me 4 months of the drug. I am currently out of the drug and am tired if taking it. I feel like I have no real feelings or emotions on it, and my short term memory and speech has become horrible. I wish you luck in your journey it is not an easy one by any means, especially if you have to functuion at a job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users