3 replies to this topic

#1 becki

becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

I"m so frustrated, and this is a very lonely journey. I am slowly tapering off of 60 mg, after 5 years of it. After reading how to count out beads and slowly taper that way (from these boards), that's what i've been doing. I called the pharmacist today to ask about getting 30 mg pills, and he was so arrogent. He agreed that it's hard to get off of "these type of meds", but had no idea that cymbalta was any different or harder. He told me counting out beads is crazy,, and that's too many to count. oh brother! I told him I felt like i had no other alternative, and he half heartedly agreed. In the end, I called my dr and asked her to order me 30 mg pills, and I will continue opening them and counting out beads until i'm down to 0.
I guess my post has no point, other than to say, this is SOOO hard, and then to feel like everyone in the medical community that should know about this, or should be helping, know NOTHING and it makes this feel even worse. I am not the crazy one (it's this stupid med) !!! I need to keep repeating this to myself after talking to nurses, drs, and pharmacists.
Thanks for letting me vent.

#2 kzap

kzap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWentzville , Mo
  • why_joining:
    Glad to know i"m not alone or crazy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Hi Becki

So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time getting the medical community to even acknowledge there is a problem withdrawing from Cymbalta. THEY ARE CLUELESS UNLESS THEY HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS HORROR THEMSELVES!!!! I dont wish this on anyone. I'm sure there are several people from the medical community out there, who have gone through this. I'm a retired Psychiatric nurse and I had NO IDEA what people go through during w/d from these drugs. You can bet, I'm spreading the word to everybody I see and talk to , to look at this forum to learn about cymbalta . I also ask them to tell their friends about this site. No one has any Idea what this stuff does to you. They need to know before they take this stuff. Unfortunately, people who are "put on" Cymbalta are not in any shape at that time to make a rational decision. Somehow, we have to GET THE WORD OUT about this drug anyway we can. I guess word of mouth will help some, and so will this forum. If anybody has any ideas how else we can do this ,please let me know. I am personally on a Mission to let people know about this drug before the need it or take it.

Good luck on your continued journey. May God Bless you and keep you safe. :rolleyes:

#3 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Becki,
I totally validate you! This is so painful and I feel nobody gets it. This is worst that getting off painkiller. I kicked the opiates in 4 days. The doctor upped my cymbalta to 90mg to help me not feel the pain from my cervical pinched nerve. I was tired of being on painkillers which do not help but numbed me even more.

For anyone with pinched nerves, they have a great treatment of giving a epidural shot right into the pinched nerve area. Within 7 days, all the pain was gone. No one needs to be in pain. There are other ways to get rid of the pain now.

Back to the cymbalta, I was going crazy on what was going on with me. I had no idea getting off a Legal drug would have debilitating effects.

By sharing, we all can fight back and gain our lives back....

#4 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Kzap, I too am on a mission to educate everyone I can about this! It is so frustrating to not be taken seriously! Fortunately my pharmacy peoples are receptive to my plight and are very helpful (supplying me with empty caps, getting me some 20mgs, etc) and most everyone there already knows about the horrible wd from this drug. I guess word of mouth is about all we can do. I will be writing letters as well to the two docs I've had since being put on this crap...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users