2 replies to this topic

#1 panthergirl

panthergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

I was put on Cymbalta last Tuesday, 30mg. I became so sick...horribly nauseous, totally spaced out, constipated, I was a mess. By Friday I knew I couldn't take it anymore and stopped. I let my doctor know and we're going to try a different approach (I take Wellbutrin now but my anxiety has broken through. Now I'm just going to add a very low dose of Lexapro instead of this evil drug)

It is now Sunday. I still do not feel 100% normal. My jaw feels clenched and as it gets later in the day I feel wiped out (this happened Friday and Saturday as well). My digestion is finally back to normal (thank you, Citrucel) but otherwise I still feel like I have this stuff in my system.

I'm not starting on the Lexapro until I feel like this is gone... I just cannot believe I'm feeling like this after only THREE DAYS on Cymbalta!!

#2 panthergirl

panthergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

The cymbalta will take about 4-6 days to be out of your system but the withdrawal symptoms may last much longer than that for some people. There seems to have been quite a lot of success with taking Lexapro to help get through the withdrawals from cymbalta so that may be in your favor that you are planning on that next. It doesn't seem to matter how long cymbalta is taken before people have withdrawals from it, and in your case it sounds like you had a bad reaction immediately. Hopefully you won't have too much of a withdrawal and taking lexapro should get you back on track. Waiting until you feel 100% is probably not necessary and if you have withdrawals like some of us have had..... that could be a very long wait. Yes! even if you only took the drug for 3 days......

Best of health,

Peace,
Greybeard

Thank you so much. I will be starting the Lexapro today.

When I was first diagnosed in 2000, I took Paxil with great success but gained 25 pounds. When I tried to get off it, I had horrible withdrawal. I switched to Lexapro at that point and initially lost the weight, but eventually gained 30 pounds. Switched to Wellbutrin which helped with the weight, but my anxiety has broken through big time and is crippling me and my social life (I basically cannot eat at a restaurant or anywhere other than at home without having a panic attack and IBS, or fear of IBS).

This time, I am going to take a very low dose of Lexapro (2.5mg) with the Wellbutrin and pay close attention to my carb intake (which, according to my doctor, is what causes the weight gain). Thank you for letting me know that the Lexapro can help with the way I'm feeling right now.

I tried to lay down to rest yesterday afternoon and I was vibrating internally (and not in a good way!) so much that I could not relax. I find that my anxiety makes me feel as though all of my internal organs have nerve endings... that I can feel organs that I shouldn't be aware of.

It does help to know that I'm not alone in any of this. Thank you all for being there.

#3 panthergirl

panthergirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:45 AM

Also, I am grateful that I had an immediate bad reaction. I read about so many people who did well initially and stayed on the drug for months before having side effects. Had I not read about those people, here and on other forums, I may have tried to "stick it out". But honestly, I couldn't function after the first day.

After three days on it, I could barely remember what had occurred on those days. Very, very scary for me (I have an incredible memory and am practically "defined" by that).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users