• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roknrol4ever

roknrol4ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

I just recently moved to a big city alone after being married for 20 years, came to start a new life. Been here 1 week and had to call an ambulance to come get me as I was thinking I was having a stroke. I had complete electric shocks running through my arms that felt like the electtricity was rolling out of my fingertips. My hands felt arthretic as I could not open them the pain and sensation was imbearable. I too just had to cold turkey cymablta 90 mg a day after 3 years of use because I lost my insurance. My doctor prescribed Celexa to replace but I don't know whats going on with my body. I was scared to death in that emergency room and felt like I was going to die..and they diagnosed it with being withdrawal from the Cymbalta and sent me home with 1mg xanax which honestly took the whole sensation away, but who can live on xanax and function correctly on it when to have to have a career. Someone just please tell me this is going to get better for me
Jackie :?

#2 murph77

murph77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Jackie, what is Xanax usually prescribed for? I ask because I was getting sort of what you were getting but in a much lower key. I was only on the drug for less than a week, that is why mine was probably not violent like yours was. They had me on 30mg a day for five days, and then they took me off cold turkey. After I was taken off it, I was getting this pin priking and tingling/touching sensation in my arms and legs. Sharp pain in my feet only. (I'm actually getting them again today but now I know better. It is the Cymbalta) The doctor on call made me go to the ER, afraid that I was having a heart attack or a stroke. In my case the hosptial had no clue. I was the one telling them this has to be Cymbalta related. They did nothing for me, probably because my pain wasn't severe like yours was, just iritating. I hope you have felt some relief from this all.

I'm wondering how long has people's withdrawals symptoms been lasting? Three weeks and i'm still having them.

#3 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Xanax is prescribed for anxiety.

Jackie......Going cold turkey from 90mg is brutal. I'm not surprised you wound up in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better, and am glad the xanax is helping. I actually took a few vicodin during my withdrawal, when things got so unbearable. It chilled me out, and gave me some relief from the intense misery.

I can say from experience, as so many here, that this can be done. I was on cymbalta, 60mg, for 3 years. I decided to go off it because I learned that anti-depressants are bad for bipolar disorder. They can make bipolar symptoms worse, and irreversibly worse. It took me months to go from 60mg daily, to 30mg daily, and finally to 30mg every other day--I suffered withdrawal symptoms every step of the way. I'm at day 40 now, cymbalta free, and I did it. During the withdrawal, I wondered if I could make it. The people here were there for me, and encouraged me. There were days when all I did was hang on this computer, hoping for an encouraging word. And people came through. Don't know what I would have done.

By the end of week three, I was starting to come out of it. I still had some symptoms, but that horrible emotional hell seemed to be over. I still get an occassional zap, when I'm over-tired, but besides that, the worst is past. I realize it may take some more time for my system to adjust, but that, I can do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users