• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kennedy

Kennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Been on 60 mg of this crap for 3 years. I am really not happy with my doctor about getting me hooked on this without what I believe should have been some major counsel on the side effects and withdrawels. Very irresponsible.

I finally grew tired of living without any libido (I'm a 42 yr old male), tired of being the only one sweating at innapropriate times.

I originally decided to go cold turkey, starting yesterday. I thought I could "tough" it out. By late afternoon, it was unbearable. I decided to take the advice here and split one of the capsules only and roughly estimated about a half of the white balls into each of the capsule halves. Basically broke them down manually to 30 mg portions. I took the first half later afternoon, and it gave me quite a bit of relief - far more relief than I anticipated. Took the 2nd half today.

So far, it is bearable. I do feel different, but I have yet to get a brain zap, and have not felt out of it. My eyes are defintely watery, and I laughed at something during a staff meeting this am, which caused an embarassing amount of tears. But again, I do feel different, but not unbearable at all.

I will report back if things change. I will also report back when I decide to halve the dosage again. I am shooting for 1 weekk at 30, then down to 15. Keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, where the hell is the class action lawsuit????????????

#2 tiredofmeds

tiredofmeds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I'm a 46 yr old female... trying to wean with 60mgs every other day... and taking L-Theanine to help out. So far I'm ok. But it's just my 1st week.
Please keep us informed of how you're doing !!!

#3 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am now hitting 3 months without this poison. You are weaning far too fast. Wait until you stabilize at the lower dose ( totally!) before dropping again. I dropped every 4 weeks...from 60 to 50, 50-40, 40-30, 30-20 and then off. Taking 4 months or so was still pretty brutal, but it didnt land me in the hospital again this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users