• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 onedayatatime

onedayatatime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Too sick to go into details. I went the 90 to 60 to 30 (one week each) route per my Dr. Since last Tues. (first day off the Cymbalta), I have been really sick. Today, the nausea is really bad. Any suggestions for handling the nausea? Does anything help it? I've taken the 2 Prozac doses (3 days ago), Omega 3s, lots of fluids, Vit D. There surely is something I can do about the nausea??? PLEASE HELP. This website is my lifeline.

#2 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

I have been on Prozac since Day 4 off Cymbalta. Although, the Prozac didn't help with the nausea...that stuck around for a while. In the past, I have taken Emetrol, an over the counter anti-nausea medicine that relieved my nausea. I didn't think to try it when I was going through the worst of the withdrawal nausea. Good luck!

#3 onedayatatime

onedayatatime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

I too forgot about good old Emetrol. I'll have some in my hands shortly! Thank you.

Any other ideas out there?? Twice today, I thought I felt like eating and threw up after I did. This is the worst.

#4 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

My nausea was really bad, but I never actually threw up. I feel really bad for you! I have read on here that others say eating small amounts of food every 1-2 hrs (so the stomach is never empty) helped them. Hope you get some relief!

#5 onedayatatime

onedayatatime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

Thank you for responding. I'm alot better tonight. Like they say, each day has some good spells and some bad spells.

#6 jamaicanmecrazee

jamaicanmecrazee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:01 AM

how i stumbled across this site is beyond me in my state of confusion, naseau and sickness...i wasn't even looking for a site...i simply googled cymbalta withdrawals. i'm trying to do to sleep but had to take an alkaseltzer due to extreme nauseau...i've been dizzy and had bad headache for days now...stopped cymbalta about a week ago. i take it for fibromyalgia symptoms to include depression from chronic pain...ugh! but when on cymbalta have lots of side effects...most recent was red blood passed with bm...sorry! i feel a mess because i had beed taking it religiously since last september 07...the alkaseltzer is not helping much...my stomach is cramping and head throbbing! when do withdrawal symptoms quit?...scared i may have to go back on it...but definitely don't want to...got to be an answer...what is it??? scared... :oops: :cry:

#7 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

Jamaicanmecrazee, please dont go back on the Cymbalta, if you read over these posts you will see that what you are experiencing is normal for going off of the Cymbalta. You can get through this. You really have to take one hour at a time. Just incase this website is as confusing to you as it was for me at the beginning, here are a few things you can do to help. Omega 3 or foods rich in Omega 3 will help with some of the brain zaps, salmon is something I keep on hand all the time. Dont watch anything that is violent, even the news, if you must stay on top of the news read the newspaper. When I was going through the withdrawal I did not care one thing about tv or the news, I was too busy trying to stay sane. But if you can, watch funny or kids movies. Try to get outside each day and enjoy the sunshine and nature. Do some stretching excersises, again I did not do that because I was too busy staying in the bed where it was safe. Sleepytime tea with valarian root or the melatonin is good to help you sleep. There are so many great ideas on this site that will assist you with the withdrawals.

There are other posters who will offer you great advice too. When and if you feel angry or rage, please remember its not you, that it is one of the worst withdrawal side effects of the Cymbalta. The anger and rage is real but know its a side effect, dont rack your brain trying to figure out WHY you are so angry, just know that it is a side effect. Yes, its scary and can be hurtful to the one who may be the blunt of your anger, be prepared for it, but keep in mind its not you. Make sure you have family or friends who know what you are going through and let them know what they can expect, tell them about this site so they themselves can read these posts.

As far as your bloody stool, I would think you may want to ask a doctor about it unless anyone else on here experienced that during withdrawal. I didnt. Hang in there, it will get better for you, it takes time to get your brain reprogrammed. Keep reading these posts and taking some of the advice on here and it will become easier for you. There is no time frame because everyones diet, life style, stress, and body chemistry is all different. But I promise you, you will get through this, I wont say its easy and I am sorry you are going through this, but you can do it.

Lori

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users