• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BellaMia501

BellaMia501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hello. I'm new to this forum, but I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 years now. 3 of those 5 years my dosage was at 120mg. I am now down to 60mg and dealing with the headaches, body zaps and brain fogginess. I'm worried because I'd like to go down to 30mg next month, but I fear the withdrawl. Does anyone have any suggestions for vitamins or treatments I can start before I drop to 30? That seems to be the wicked number.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

#2 freeme2

freeme2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello. I'm new to this forum, but I've been on Cymbalta for about 5 years now. 3 of those 5 years my dosage was at 120mg. I am now down to 60mg and dealing with the headaches, body zaps and brain fogginess. I'm worried because I'd like to go down to 30mg next month, but I fear the withdrawl. Does anyone have any suggestions for vitamins or treatments I can start before I drop to 30? That seems to be the wicked number.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Why don't you do a slow taper and take the balls out of the capsule? You will have less side effects.

#3 BellaMia501

BellaMia501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Why don't you do a slow taper and take the balls out of the capsule? You will have less side effects.

I'm tapering 30mg every 6mos. I guess I'm looking for something to help once I'm down to 30mg. Opening them is an option too.
Thanks!

#4 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Have your doctor prescribe the poison in all of the available doseages. Then you can wean slowly from 60 to 50, 50 to 40, 40 to 30 and 30 to 20mg. Then you will start counting granules. I was able to stop at 20 mgs however when 10 mg of prozac was added. I'm over a month Cymbalta free!

#5 BellaMia501

BellaMia501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Have your doctor prescribe the poison in all of the available doseages. Then you can wean slowly from 60 to 50, 50 to 40, 40 to 30 and 30 to 20mg. Then you will start counting granules. I was able to stop at 20 mgs however when 10 mg of prozac was added. I'm over a month Cymbalta free!

Congrats! I hope to be there before too long. Thank you for the suggestion! I hope your w/d symptoms are bearable.

Have you heard of Deplin? My doctor suggested that I try that once I get done with this poison. I guess I'm just a little shy in trying yet another pill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users