No replies to this topic

#1 silverseed71

silverseed71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I posted on here a whole lot back in April and May but I thought I would come back and try to give some hope. The brain zaps and brain fog got so bad that it was dangerous for me to even be driving, so much as it would have been better for a drunk driver to drive me around. Anyhow, the brain zaps seemed to be a form of anxiety, thus I had driving anxiety. After about 2 months (Probably sometime during the end of June or the first of July) the brain zaps had almost completely passed. Every once in a while I would feel one and fight it off before it hit (yes, this is very possible to do). However, I was still having driving anxiety in a completely different form. My psychiatrist had me on 75 mg of nortriptyline and I was afraid it was not working. He weened me off of that and we tried Prozac. After being on Prozac for about 12 days, my driving anxiety seems to be gone. Funny thing is, when I do start having a panic attack now at work, if I get in my car and drive, it seems to calm it down. Weird!

There is an end to the madness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users