• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

I'm thinking it's common to have headaches in withdrawal, since I saw it on another post, but can anyone else weigh in on this? I'm frustrated because even 800 mg of ibuprofen (taken for tendonitis) hasn't removed the headache, and it's difficult to work like this!! To all of you who are going through nightmare withdrawal, I extend my sympathy and thanks for being here for me!

#2 Momoftwo

Momoftwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

I am not off of Cymbalta yet, but during the weaning I have had a headache everyday. Tylenol and motrin don't get rid of it. The only thing that has helped, has been the dramamine. If you are having any dizziness or nausea, this may help you. It also seemed to take the edge off of the headaches.

#3 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

Actually, would you believe one Bayer Extra Strength yesterday helped take the edge off the headache, and so far today there is only a hint of headache. I pray that it stays so minimal! Not sure if it's just because I tend to take ibuprofen rather than aspirin that I don't have a tolerance to it, or whether this is just better for this type of headache, but I don't care as long as it helps!!

Dizzy and nauseous last night after going grocery shopping, and as soon as I got out of bed and started moving around today. Thankfully I have a sedentary job so it's not too bad as I work -- although yesterday I found concentration to be a problem for a bit. Took a meclizine (generic dramamine) this morning -- will see if it works!

#4 Momoftwo

Momoftwo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

Hang in there!

I took a dramamine this AM too after dry heaving the first hour I was up. Currently I am on 15mg Cymbalta. I am ready for this to be over.

#5 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

I had a headache for three weeks coming off this med. Nothing helped it. It was just a constant dull ache. It went away somewhere around the end of week three.

#6 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

OK, here's a cool thing. I got frustrated with the headache and dizziness with the withdrawal, so stopped after 4 nights on the 20 mg and began the new Effexor my PCP had prescribed. I know it's similar in effect/mechanism to Cymbalta, but I've taken it in the past without any ill effects. Hoping in combo with Wellbutrin it will keep the mood even while avoiding sexual side effects. Since I started the Effexor both headache and dizziness have gotten better, although have had some "room spinning" if standing up too quickly. This seems to be getting better so hope it is temporary. I know weaning off the Effexor needs to go slow if, God forbid, this doesn't work either, but at least I've been through it before and as long as I went slow I avoided the dizziness that was my only withdrawal effect on that. So, not sure whether it's my body chemistry or something more general, but the Effexor seems to have helped the Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms BIG TIME!!! Right now the sexual side effects appear to be nil, with very little Cymbalta in my system and Effexor 25 mg bid for 2 days. We'll see if it continues!!

Hang in there, everyone!! I'm so thankful everyone is out there as a support when these "necessary evil" antidepressants cause havoc in so many areas of our lives!!

#7 Jenofhearts

Jenofhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee, wi

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hang in there!

I took a dramamine this AM too after dry heaving the first hour I was up. Currently I am on 15mg Cymbalta. I am ready for this to be over.

Hi Momoftwo!
I was just wondering, is there a 15mg dose or are you doing the taking the balls out yourself technique? I am on 20mgs right now an the next step will be to lower that somehow.
Thanks,
Jen

#8 mokincaid

mokincaid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

benadryl works for my headaches for some reason.

#9 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

I think I had a headache my entire withdrawal. Along with flu symptoms. And much more......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users