• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lostmyself

lostmyself

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I am on day 16 cold turkey from Cymbalta. It has been HELL! on day 9 I flushed what I had left down the toilet and I have no refills. I will never put that poison back in my body! I was given Cymbalta almost 2 years ago for lower back pain.I regret the day I agreed to take the first dose. It turned my world upside down,it turned me into someone I have never been and I was not depressed when I started taking it but, I sure ended up depressed while taking it. I can't get in to the a doctor until, next week and the doctor that prescribed this poison to me is no where to be found so I made this decision on my own.I decided there was no-one to help me so I had to help myself.Supplements and prayer have been my saving Grace! I am far from where I want to be but, at least I feel alive again. I feel in control of my own body and mind.The brain zaps aren't as frequent now,the nausea and vomiting has subsided,I still have a terrible memory and sometimes my thoughts get jumbled but, not nearly as bad as when I was taking it.I don't sweat like I did and the anxiety isn't as bad. It's been touch and go but, I am committed to getting my life back!

#2 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

16 days Cymbalta free? WTG!! You have it licked now. You can do it! I'm almost to 3 months now and every day gets better.

#3 lostmyself

lostmyself

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

16 days Cymbalta free? WTG!! You have it licked now. You can do it! I'm almost to 3 months now and every day gets better.

Thanks :) coming off this stuff has been a wild ride! but, I keep pushing!!

#4 KarenAnnabelle

KarenAnnabelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Great job! I really think you have kicked cymbalta's a$$. Your days should start getting better and better!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users