• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Diana

Diana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

I've been taking Cymbalta since six weeks after my son was born. I tried to breastfeed, not very successfully, and could not handle post partum mess without going back on Wellbutrin & Cymbalta. I first tried it 2 years before I got pregnant when Welbutrin wasn't quite enough to help me. I was having major depression, social anxiety, and not doing well at all. Zoloft had don't absolutely nothing for me, but Welbutrin was the first thing to start showing progress, but I would hit a plateau where it would not get much better.
Anyway, it was a nightmare being pregnant after stopping Welbutrin and Cymbalta. For 4 months I was extremely tired, dizzy, and nauseated all of the time. I'm sure some of this was pregnancy related, but I had no way to tell. My doctor said I could safely take Zoloft while I was pregnant to try to help, but I knew it would not. I was barely able to function through most of my pregnancy, not enjoying much of it like i had seen others, including my sister & sister-in-law, who had never been on any meds, never had much sickness, and breezed through pregnancy and labor like it was nothing. I could not drive a lot of the time, wanted to sleep a LOT more, and e only thing keeping me from being totally miserable s to eat constantly to ward off the really bad dizziness and nausea-- note, I only actually vomited once this whole time, I was always on the VERGE of throwing up.....it was really bad thinking back. I'm lucky I had an understanding boss, and had to use much of my vacation days in my first trimester from all the withdrawal problems. I could not concentrate on ANYTHING, did not feel like doing anything, basic life functions were incredible feats. Having said that, yes, I got back on both meds after my son was 3 months old, so that I could go back to work and take care of myself better, and my family.
Now I'm very efficient, work is great, I love it, my family is great, I'm doing really well for over 2 years now. Forgot to mention dosage, I started at 30mg, but quickly went up to 60mg a day. Last year my psychiatrist that helps manage my meds upped to 120 mg a day, and I take Welbutrin SR 150 or 200mg twice a day. Seems like so much, I wish I could function properly and live my life without any meds, I really hate being dependent on these drugs.
Now I suspect I might be pregnany....period is late 5 days now, I'm usually on time or a day early sometimes. Freaking me out, really, I'm enjoying living my life, enjoying my family, raising my son, having a good, stable job with a wonderful job....and I may have to stop taking these drugs ASAP. Now, we are thrilled, although surprised, at the possibility of another child, but it is scaring me to think in a few weeks I could be a dsifunctional zombie, nauseated depressed mother to my 2 year old and a terrible burden on my husband. I wish it was ok to take these preg go and be ok with the baby, but I cannot take that risk that could affect my baby's whole life, just so my 9 months are more bearable? Or is it worth it? I hate needing these chemicals.

#2 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

DO NOT TAKE THIS COCKTAIL OF POISON WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! End of story. If you are not pregnant .. GET YOUR TUBES TIED!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users