• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ringbling

Ringbling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

I've stumbled on this site after trying to manage my son's withdrawal from 120 mg daily for a year for chronic pain. The pain was treated successfully at Cleveland Clinic Pain Rehab. So we began the process of tapering. Each month he would take a mental hit when we adjusted the dose. After 5 days the switch went back on and he was normal again. In September he took a hit he couldn't recover from. December he took the last of the cymbalta. He has not had a normal day since. It's been 8 months since the last pill. Now we are on a load of meds and constantly adjusting to find something to make him functional. He's getting worse instead of better. He sees a great psychiatrist and psychologist, but this process is taking forever. He's on depakote, Vyvanse (this helps the most) and now trying straterra with that. Had a major depression/anxiety melt down this evening. Just wants to be normal again. Has anyone seen symptoms for this long? We are considering inpatient treatment for him, but no clue to know where to go. Thanks everyone, good to know we are not alone, but so sorry for all of your pain!

#2 mebville

mebville

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I just wanted to share my experience with you. My daughter is bipolar and has been treated inpatient twice. The thought of inpt was much more frightening than the reality. Both hospitalizations were difficult for all of us. But, each time was absolutely worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users