8 replies to this topic

#1 Moin

Moin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi there,

I have been weaning off of cymbalta for last 45 days. Details of my journey through weaning off can be found here
https://www.cymbalta...5851#entry25851

I am going cold turkey with supplements of Omega 3, Vitamin D3 and Anti dizzy meds..

Wish me luck.

#2 Ridew

Ridew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Good luck! Don't forget to come and tell us about your progress!

#3 Stacy

Stacy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I am definitely interested in how this is going for you>....

#4 Moin

Moin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

I am so sorry that I couldn't update this thread... it has been a long journey since I posted last time here... I will come back with details.. In short... I have done it... I went cold turkey on 3. september, 2012 so it has been 85 days without Cymbalta... Posted Image

#5 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

How are you doing now? I am almost 4 weeks off Cymbalta, after weaning for only 2 weeks!!! Had been feeling much better for the past few days, then woke up today nauseated. I would be interested to hear how you are now. Thanks.

#6 Moin

Moin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I am absolutely fine now.. It is like I have got my life back. There are very very rare occasions when I feel a bit anxious but that's OK because I know this medicine will take atleast 6 months before getting out of your system completely. and yeah, I quit caffeine because it increased my anxiety. ..

And about you, it is very normal with cymbalta, there will be swings,,, some days you'll feel perfectly alright, other days you'll feel in hell..it is a rough ride..as far as i remember my symptoms subsided in 6 weeks ...

How are you doing now? I am almost 4 weeks off Cymbalta, after weaning for only 2 weeks!!! Had been feeling much better for the past few days, then woke up today nauseated. I would be interested to hear how you are now. Thanks.

#7 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Moin,
I am so glad that you are all right. I feel just a bit better every day. Six months? That does seem like such a long time. Lesson learned. Thank you, and best of luck to you. Btw, do you know that there was a class action suit filed against Eli Lilly regarding C withdrawal at the end of Oct. 2012? You might want to check it out.
Houtex

#8 Moin

Moin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Moin,
I am so glad that you are all right. I feel just a bit better every day. Six months? That does seem like such a long time. Lesson learned. Thank you, and best of luck to you. Btw, do you know that there was a class action suit filed against Eli Lilly regarding C withdrawal at the end of Oct. 2012? You might want to check it out.
Houtex

That's a great news for the people of America.... I don't live in US ... I used this medicine from another company, which rebranded their generic duloxetine. It would be great if the generic is banned altogether..

#9 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

My last dose was almost 7 months ago. I *STILL* have withdrawal symptoms. They come in waves, with the time in between gradually increasing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users