• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickel1113

nickel1113

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have been on 120 mg of cymbalta per day for a few years. I am a student and work part time. Because of this I have....or I should say....I had an insurance plan that I can no longer pay for which equals no prescription coverge, which means stopping cymbalta cold turkey. I had no idea that detoxing off this was going to feel like this. I decided today that I needed some kind of support for this or else I am not sure how I am going to manage to get through this on my own. This is actually a scary process for me. My brain is zapping and I actually feel like my brain is floating in a pool of water. I am scared so I thought I would reach out. I can't screw up my schooling. I worked to hard to be where I am and so I am really trying to keep it together. But I don't exactly feel like I am doing that great of a job. It SUCKS! It hurts! It is soo uncomfortable! I can't sleep, and when I do I am up every two hours drenched wet. Diarrhea, nauseated,crying, forgetfulness, anxiety, spaciness, grinding my teeth, shaky.....the list really does go on. I am looking for suggestions, resources, whatever. Anything to get through this even a little easier would be appreciated.

#2 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Nickel, it's a horrible position to be in. If going back on a dose of Cymbalta and slowly tapering

off is not an option, then consider going on a low dose of an SSRI such as prozac ($4 prescription at WalMart) ,

then after stabilizing, tapering off that. It's not a guarantee, but often it will at least minimize the symptoms.

It probably won't happen instantly, and I'm not sure what dosage to suggest. Maybe someone else can help you

out there. Good luck.

#3 8yrs2long

8yrs2long

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • why_joining:
    Stuck on Cymbalta 8 years, desperately want off but suffer significant withdrawal symptoms. Also stuck on Lamictal and need off! Looking for advice and support! Also hoping to offer some of both!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Can you see a doctor at the school or elsewhere who can possible provide some samples to you while you slowly reduce the amount? Drugs that are in fact habit forming should not ever hold us hostage like Cymbalta does. I am in the same boat with an unwilling insurer. I plan to have my doc provide samples if I can't go cold turkey after 13 pills (will divide each in half).

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users