• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 glowinlk

glowinlk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

I am weaning from Cymbalta for two reasons: 1) I have developed GI issues and believe Cymbalta plays a role and 2) I have lost my insurance and can't afford to pay for the drug. I let my NP know how I planned to wean, which was 10mg at a time every week and add 10mg of prozac when down to 20mg of cymbalta

I have had no withdrawal symptoms; other than a mild occasional headache, which excedrin took care of.

I am currently on my last week of cymbalta, taking 20mg of cymbalta and 10mg of prozac daily.

I took 50mg of cymbalta for a week, then 40mg, then 30mg, now 20mg plus 10mg of prozac.

I also starting taking a natural, whole food/green food, multi vitamin for women as I began the weaning process and plan to continue with that.

I am undecided as to whether I will continue with a therapuetic dose of prozac long term or not; thinking of going with something natural like 5htp

Cymbalta worked wonders on my depression. I suffered from depression for 15 plus years, including 3 major depressive episodes with suicide attempts, and then dysthimia (sp?). I am worried about the depression returning... time will tell

(I started taking Cymbalta in April 2011, so I was on it for a year and a half, daily dose: 60mg)

I was very worried about withdrawal symptoms from Cymbalta because while on Cymbalta if I was even a few hours late with my dose I could feel it immediately: body aches, fatigue, equilibrium off, muscles weakness, etc. I am thankful for these discussion boards because when it came time to wean from Cymbalta I knew not to listen to the recommended every other day business or every 3 day business or dropping from 60mg to 30mg, which most doctors seem to recommend. My NP mentioned that same plan when I discussed weaning with her. I simply asserted I planned to wean 10mg at a time, weekly, and use prozac to wean off the 20mg. She readily agreed. And so far, so good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users