#1 DonMH

DonMH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPeachland,B.C., Canada
  • why_joining:
    My wife is suffering from major Cymbalta withdrawals.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

My wife is on Psychiatric ICU having been taken off 180mg/day of Cymbalta to 0mg/day. She is still suffering from major auditory sensitivity - even the slightest sounds like a hammer -drill in her head! Otherwise, she is making a rapid recovery. No mention has been made by her consultant about her coming off Cymbalta.
Has anyone else had a similar hearing problem? If you have, would you kindly reply to this post and describe what you have felt.
I am a novice to the forum but for 30 years of my life,I worked in hospital laboratories as a Senior Biochemist (Clinical Scientist/Analyst). I too have been "cold-turkey" - I was addicted to barbiturates and valium-type drugs for over half of my life but I have never, ever seen withdrawal effects as serious as these in all of my life!
Could someone please explain to me what is meant by "brain-zaps" and possibly describe the actual feeling of them. I am trying to help my wife as much as I possibly can but at present , my knowledge is very limited. I wish to expand my knowledge of the subject and help others in a similar situation. I wish MI6 had known about Cymbalta; they could have used it as a very effective means of mental torture on terrorists. I say this tongue in cheek but for those of you going through it , it is not a laughing matter. I know from watching my poor wife go through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users