• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kimrie

kimrie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hi everyone my name is Kate and I have been on Cymbalta for nearly two years. I began using Cymbalta after I suffered with terrible anxiety for about 1 year, it went un-diagnosed for so long because it was my first year of Univeristy and I am known for being such a happy person so I thought I was just overreacting. I tried everything before I went on the meds and yet nothing worked. I constantly felt like someone was standing on my chest and was suffercating me, it was a really bad time for me. I second guess everything that I was going to say. the list could go on and on!

After being reunited with my partner (who was in the army) which I thought would help immensly and it did to a degree but I had become this over controlling,irrational, jealous crazy person who I would have slapped if the shoe was on teh otehr foot. Thankfully I have an amazing boyfriend saw that I was struggling being in my own skin and helped me through it all. After going on Cymbalta and having the slight dizzness for the first couple of days, everything started looking up. I was able to rationalise situations that before would have made me a complete wreck and fr once I thought I was becoming my old happy self again.

Now I'm rock solid but I think the meds are perhaps working against my body, it has slowed down my bowel movement so much so that I was creating fissures upon fissures (not a pretty picture and EXTREMELY PAINFUL). I decided that it was time to give my body a break. I'm only on a very low does of 30mg but even the slight change in doesage can be noticed. The few couple of days I suffered with terrible dizziness and nausia but now that has stopped but I'm left with this weird lump in the back of my throat, heatburn, indigestion ETC.

Has anyone else had these side effects. They are not unbearable but very annoying. I constantly feel like i have eating too much mash potato way too fast..Its very uncomfortable.

But I'll let you all know if it subsides. Wish me luck.

#2 navywife5

navywife5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I am on 30mgs down from 60mgs. I also have the feeling like something is caught in my throat!!! It is horrible!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users