• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 debp06

debp06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

As I begin to think back on all the weird things I've experienced over the last 6 months or so (i.e. while on Cymbalta), I realize I've had maybe half a dozen obsessive episodes (where I get an idea in my head, usually something worrisome, and have a very tough time letting it go) that I can't remember having before. Has anyone else experienced this while on Cymbalta?

#2 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

I became obsessed with shopping...literally. I maxed out 3 credit cards in less than 2 months, and didn't think there was a problem. I've read other reports of people who became obsessed with gambling while on Cymbalta. Maybe the gambling would've been cheaper for me, ha ha!

#3 CathyH

CathyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

One of my diagnoses is OCD. I noticed that when I went off the cymbalta, my symptoms got really bad. Mostly I obsess about cleaning, and having everything in it's place. I do get thoughts that I can't get out of my head, too. But after quitting the cymbalta, it got worse. The episode lasted about two weeks, and then began to let up. I'm doing "okay" with it now, but it still is an issue. When I clean, everyone finds something to do outside the house, to give me my space. I get really bitchy about it. Like everyone is supposed to see things like I do. When I get like this, I don't have much control over it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users