• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angela of Green

Angela of Green

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:23 AM

Oh where do I begin? I started taking Cymbalta 3 years ago for my anger and anxiety. I felt better immediately, and loved my doctor for introducing me to this stuff! After a year, I felt like I should stop taking it, and asked my Doc how to stop, and she literally scoffed at me. :lol: Well, last October I went on a weekend trip and forgot my Cymbalta, so didn't take it for about 4 days. My reaction without it was incredible! I felt so much better, had more energy, my libido went through the roof, and I felt a bit euphoric. Has anyone else had this experience?
After 3 weeks of not taking it anymore, I had a panic attack and started taking it again, only to be met with horrible side effects. For a month after starting Cymbalta again, I was so fatigued I would sleep literally all day, and would doze off at work :? I felt depressed and down, my mood was kind of blah...It felt like it gave me depression.

After almost a year of no libido and feeling blah, I decided 3 weeks ago to stop taking this crud for good. I started taking 60 mg every other day until they were gone. I haven't experienced any physical symptoms, except now I can poop without help (been constipated for 3 years :shock: ) I have more energy, but my attitude has definitely gotten worse. I seem to be a bit more grouchy, but I wonder if that is because of underlying emotional stuff I haven't dealt with...and the Cymbalta just suppressed it.

I am really concerned that I'm going to have more panic attacks down the road. Does anyone know when I'll be free and clear of any Cymbalta backlash?

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Do any of you know why I would have reacted like this?

Thanks ahead of time,
Angela :ugeek:

#2 Juls McCools

Juls McCools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDamascus, Oregon

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hi Angela. I had the same experience. I quit 90 mg cold turkey and felt very up and all that good stuff the first week. Not taking it eliminated my stomach pain that had been going on since I started it. This second week I feel depressed, angry and weepy. However, I am trying to embrace feeling anything again. I have lots of sweaty not flashes then freezing cold chills. I am on week three now. No panic attacks and no more afternoon naps since stopping.
Juls McCools

#3 Angela of Green

Angela of Green

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

I am not sure how I pulled off not feeling the bad effects until 3 weeks after the event... this go around it's been crazy!

I worked a 75 hour work week last week, and I kid you not, slept for 2 and a half days afterwards! I'm not sure if this is part of the Cymbalta wearing off or just a hazard of my job.

To be honest...I ordered the Tramadol illegally online because my doctors refused to give me anything better for my constant joint pain. I read the deadly consequences before I started taking it, and I was off Cymbalta for 2 weeks before I even took my first pill.

Today, I feel run down, have major joint pain, am nauseous, and am having cold and hot flashes... it's been a month since I stopped...hoping within the next few weeks it will go away. I've been writing down all of my symptoms and am taking it to the head shrinker when they finally make me an appointment.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and this board has been such a huge help thus far! If there is ever a class action lawsuit I'm in!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users