Photo

please help me see the light at the end of the tunnel!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

i have beeen having problems always with depression and as usual the meds stop working and I try a different one.With cymbalta, I was told it was a good medicine and should start to work within 3 -6 weeks. I was put on 60mg.At first I did not feel well and then the leveling out where I could function.Only I noticed that I became very angry and frustrated with people.,I lost several jobs,I cried over the slightest thing and changed and became enraged. I complained to my dr, but had to see a Nurse pratictioner, she wanted to put me on 120 mg. I said firmly NO, I want off the medication! , it is NOT woking with me.I was so agitated that the doctor I demanded to see and told him I felt hopeless and he gave me the same day 30 mg cymbalta , phenezine and my usual xanax.I refused to take the phenezine. I wanted to scream PLEASE help me, I feel so hopeless!. I walked outside the room of the dr and cried for a long while thinking of flipping myself over the top bannister .I am a nurse by profession and I cannot work right now, I am so angry ,agitated , weired feelings in my brain ,pacing.no interest in food or even brushing my hair.I have to work and as of now all i do is call any one who will listen even hot lines. I would advise anyone NEVER to take cymbalta.I just hope and pray to God that this will go away as it ascares me very much. I have went off medications before and I was fine .I have 4 more days of 30mg cymbalta to take and then I can take celeste. Will I stay sick....I am so scared. I suffer from bouts of sever depression,GAD,and a little bit ocd.Will this go away and how long?

#2 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

hello Grey Beared, Thank you for answering. I found this area by flipping through the internet. At first I did not want to read any negative problems which would happen>>>just to others.>You know the feeling. Anyway I started the cymbalta and was told it was a good med on the market,so I waited several weeks and then I started to be able tp funtion. After a 4-5 month sequence, I satarted to notice and my family that I was highly agitated and was unlike my self. I became concious of the way i handled problems compareto the past .No Med /antidepressant caused me to live in a perfect world and all had their side effects but cymbalta has completly changed me into a angry witch.As far as helping depression >never ..but it did help to speak out when normally I would be quiet. Example. If some noise was outside I wanted to scream at them to shut up.I would hurry to my room and go to sleep,hoping the next day would be better. as soon as I opened my eyes I began to feel extreme agitation that I had to face another day. How can a person work this way? It is horible beond describing. Going off has got my hormone in an uproar. I had breast cancer several years ago and now the one breast is sore like I am going to have a period.
I realize it is the medicine,Many times Greybeared I have wondered to God (why?) Haven`t I been through enough? Thanks for letting me vent....shirl

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Marbles,
You will survive these terrible symptoms...it does get better!! My problems also started while taking Cymbalta. My symptoms sound similar to yours...I was easily agitated and frustrated and then became overly emotional. I have been off Cymbalta for about 5-6 weeks. I quit cold turkey, but started taking Prozac on Day 4 which really helped to lessen the withdrawal symptoms. The worst of my symptoms were over within a week. I just stopped the Prozac last week, and I haven't had any real problems stopping it. I had taken Prozac before for my depression and it had quit working, but it was a big help during the withdrawal.

Please come to this site anytime you need suupport...we're here for anyone who needs it! We will listen, understand, and offer support...because we have been where are you are now. Don't give up...you will get through this!!

#4 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for you Attorney_Victim and Grey beared`s replys. I feel much better that it isn`t me losing my mind . I am so happy I found this site (even though) the first time I saw it I did not want to read it.(when i first began cymbalta and was surfing the internet.)
I never thought I would ever actually try to find it for "REAL" to help me.I just assumed that it was for "other" people. What a mind opener and mirical to just know that there are others who share the same problem and who get well.Thankyou and the founder of this site from me and my family !

#5 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

[ she wanted to put me on 120 mg. I said firmly NO, I want off the medication! ,

If you check the Cymbalta web site it states it is not benificial to take anything over 60 mgs.
Bobbie

I refused to take the phenezine.

I checked this and it is an MAOI which is definately a no no with Cymbalta...glad you didn't take it!
Bobbie

I wanted to scream PLEASE help me, I feel so hopeless!. I walked outside the room of the dr and cried for a long while thinking of flipping myself over the top bannister .I am a nurse by profession and I cannot work right now, I am so angry ,agitated , weired feelings in my brain ,pacing.no interest in food or even brushing my hair

I cry at the drop of a hat, have lost my interest in food & hygene, I am getting better now that I figured out it was the Cymbalta and not me loosing it. Also much better as I have tapered down on my dose.
Read the posts here and talk..talk talk...as much as you can with the good people here.
You will make it, honestly just hang in and try to stay as pos. as possible.
Bobbie
If I did the quote thing wrong I apologize, just doing the best I can :oops:

#6 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

Bobbie thank you for your response. I jus read it .I did not know phenezine was a MAO inhibitor I did look it up later and saw that it is used mainly for schitzophrenia and psychotic behavior. I was absolutely freaked out when I saw that. I am not schitzo or psychotic as I have Never in my life heared voices or saw anything that wasn`t real. I am very frightened now to just trust what a MD says as sometimes I think they themselves are quacks.I am talking about a psychiatrist who only sees me in 15 minutes and gives me medicine to (try).
It cost 75 dollars for those 15 minutes and I want my care not just silly talk concerning the doctor who then says >has before> said"Now what can I do for you".FACT

#7 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hey Marbles, I know what you are saying, I picked a psychologist to see just so I wouldn't have another DR just pushing pills at me! Also I am learning to look up any meds before I ever even think about taking them. I'm not shy about telling the DR I don't want to take something he had given me either.
I have complained to my doc for over a year about the side effects I was experiencing from Cymbalta and all he would hear is it wasn't working and up the dose.
I hope there is going to be in the near future better doc's out there for us but we will always have to take an active role in our care and be on out toes!
I hope your feeling a bit better and don't loose hope, there is light at the end of the tunnel and some along the way too. :(
Bobbie

#8 mokincaid

mokincaid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

Huh?

#9 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hey Devine chemical,
The spam really makes me laugh to.At first when i began this site i wondered if the person was really out of it.(-: :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users