Photo

Withdrawal - Hey, this is the worst thing ever!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rachel298

rachel298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Seriously, I have to hand it to the people on this forum who have been feeling withdrawal symptoms for anything longer than a day. This is day four for me, but only day two of having been completely without any Cymbalta in my system. (Two days not taking any pills I mean.. Excuse my typing. I'm a lot more articulate usually, this drug makes me STUPID.)

It's fucking rough. I'm having "brain zaps' (I learned that phrase here.. def the best way I've heard to describe the feeling) every couple of minutes. I can feel it in my TEETH, like when you're upside down on a roller coaster and all the blood rushes to your head. I was on the subway today and I thought I was going to lose it. I get overstimulated watching television. I went to movies and bitched out the woman selling tickets for talking too quietly - which is not like me! Lately I've had a ridiculously short fuse AND I cry at nothing. Yesterday a bottle of medication (ironic) fell behind my mini-fridge, and when I realized I was going to have to move the fridge to get it, I just sat down on the floor and cried.

Some of the posts on here terrify me because I honestly cant take even a few more days of this. And I sure as hell KNOW my best friend can't. He's already at his wits end with me to begin with, the Cymbalta did not need to add this lovely new pile of crazy.

I really just needed to talk to people who know what this is. I usually talk to my mom about everything but for some reason being on the phone makes me VERY dizzy, and she doesn't get it. No one does. Unless you've been through this, you don't understand it- because it's unreal. And that makes it so much more frustrating. I can't even properly tell the people who love me what's wrong.

#2 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

Hey, I am new here also.I showed my husband last night some of the post and he was so happy because he and I was not getting along and as far as talking on the phone, well I spend alot of time talking to my sister and mom of whom listen to me as i get so fast talking and out of breath . I feel so angry and bring up everything anyone has said to me lately and how I had lost my jobs2 in a row as I was so angry at the people I worked with. One lady at my
work said she had to toughen me up as I was too emotional one day and I got so angry at her after the emotional part left as it is like a yo-yo(emotions).She and I completly clashed.
I told one nurse off , she told me a story when i met her that she left her first husband because he couldn`t keep a job. I asked her did he drink and she said "no" but that she had boys to raise. She said he made good money but he couldn`t keep the jobs. (This was years ago) as the nurse was older.I said "poor man , he probally had some kind of mental illness and did not know what was wrong with him", and she said he died a year later after the divorce and I absolutely couldn`t stand her after that.I told her that one day GOD may let her feel what it is like to suffer from depression and see how she likes that!....any way> as you see I am still not off my cymbalta and just thinking of that big rat woman makes me sick.

#3 rachel298

rachel298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. You all made me feel so much better. It's frustrating to be stuck on my couch in the dark. (Anyone else really sensitive to light? I feel much dizzier if it's bright in my apartment.) I'm sick of doing nothing. I'm sick of feeling this way. On a normal basis, I have to keep my energy up and do things that will keep me happy because I get depressed easily - this definitely is not making me happy. I can't even tell you what a relief it is, though, that you guys know this feeling - and I smiled for the first time in a few days that everyone could relate to me crying because my medication went behind the fridge!

And I have to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum who said they had some relief from Benadryl. I bought some yesterday and it's been helping out, at least with my mood. No crying or unreasonable anger since then.

Seriously, this has got to end soon.

#4 velveeta

velveeta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Rachel -- I read your post and I so totally could have written it myself! I haven't posted before, but I had to. I've beeen reading posts for a couple of weeks now and can relate to many of them, but yours was right on. I stopped taking 60mg Cymbalta two weeks ago and though the physical symptoms are getting a little better, I'm still a friggin' emotional wreck. A Kodak commercial can throw me into a crying fit. I did ask my doctor for 10mg of Prozac to "take the edge" off and I think after three days, it may be starting to work. Or the symptoms are just getting better on their own. Or I'm crazy. Hard to tell these days.

ANYWAY, just had to say hey and hang in there. And let us know how you're doing, because I'm defintely feeling your pain!

Also -- thanks to manhy others and especially Greybeard...I've read most of your posts and they really are helpful.

#5 rachel298

rachel298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

Velveeta -
I felt the same way when I first found this site! It was a huge relief, because for awhile there I thought I was losing my mind. Then I read people saying things that I could have been saying myself and I was like OH THANK GOD.

I've isolated myself the past few days because I'm sick of explaining to people that yes, I'm still feeling that weird way and no, I don't know when it's going to go away. I feel like a freak weirdo sitting in my apartment all day and I'm getting BORED AS HELL. It's a bizarre Catch 22 - I can't really DO anything because I feel like my brain is outside my body, but I'm "with it" enough that watching tv is getting boring and driving me crazy. I'm just really hoping this goes away soon.

My "brain zaps" have gone away. That is a big big deal. So as frustrated and upset as I am, I'm getting better. I'm still pretty overemotional too. Velveeta- I had to smile when you said commercials were making you cry because I've been watching a lot of DVDS; I watched Freaks and Geeks the other day and anyone who's seen it knows it doesn't usually inspire tears. Somehow I was crying like three times per episode. Bizarre.

I'm just trying to get through. Hope everyone else is doing well today.

#6 rachel298

rachel298

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:44 PM

Oh and Divine Chemical - For some reason I was unable to watch a friend play MarioKart the other day. I thought I was going to puke. Strange!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users