5 replies to this topic

#1 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

does anyone have a hard time getting any one to look online or even care that the cymbalta is what is causing 99.9 percent of our hurt /
my husband first said yes and looked but then he lost interest and later wanted to know why i acted the way i did.
today i feel an empty feeling. i took the 30mg cybalta and counted 4 more to go. i just wished i felt happy today i am so tired of the empty feeling.i feel i have dropped extremly low.i need to hurry and begin the celest do you guys think i could skip the 4 remaining pills and begin the celeste .,
ps why are there some post on here that do not make sense and are not even related to depression etc...

#2 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

Thanks Grey beard,for your advise. Maybe the med is Celexa ,it was scribbled on the r/x paper i gave to the pharmacist and I asked her was i supposed to take the 2 together(celexa? and cymbalta,The pharmacyst on that day I dropped the med scripts off said she wouldn`t think so but I could ask my MD. I never have since I think it is too much to take 2 anti depressants at one time >>>in my oppinion. I am just in a hurry cause I feel so bad. I really want it to go away,this terrible anxiety mixed with depression. I wish I knew someone to help me. I wish God would take it all away. I have multiple problems all stacked up waiting on me to get well and I can`t deal yet with them as I get almost panicy. You said it goes away,give or take how long?If I take the celexa? is it like cymbalta? I think I will change if so and go back to my old med zoloft.....thank you again...shirl

#3 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

My husband gave me a tongue lashing because he thinks I hurt others (he and my daughter) by not going into the living room and sitting on the couch,not doing the things I usually do but for some reason today and yesterday I feel reaaly bad and depressed. I cannot stand the
noise and want to lie quietly. Now I feel worse as I feel I can`t do what they want. Maybe I should go to the hospital.I hate to go the hospital since I am a nurse.are there any nurses out there suffering? I feel terrible.I feel ashamed. I feel lazy. I feel crazy. I feel I just don`t care but really do. I really need help.

#4 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Marbles,
Don't give up...you will get better!! Try to ignore the negative stuff from your family right now and focus on getting yourself better. You aren't going to be any good to them or anyone else until you take care of yourself. I read Greybeard's comments and agree with them mostly. Although, at this point, I don't think it matters when you switch from the Cymbalta to the Celexa...if you feel this bad now, it is more important to just get off the Cymbalta. 4 days isn't going to make a difference, in my opinion.

Be prepared to have at least a few days of bad withdrawal symptoms when you stop the Cymbalta. Even though you are going to start the Celexa right away, it may take a few days for your body to adjust. I started taking Prozac on Day 4 of withdrawal, but I was still bed ridden for about 3 days. Then I started feeling much better!

If you don't feel any relief within 24 hrs of starting the Celexa, then I would contact the doctor again and try a different med. From my understanding, if a new medicine is going to help relieve the withdrawal symptoms, you should feel at least a little better within 24 hrs. You probably will not feel completely better that quickly, but you should feel a little better at least. For me, I felt a little better within 12 hours of starting the Prozac...not completely better, but a little better. And then within 3-4 days of starting the Prozac, I felt pretty much normal.

Hang in there...you will feel better!!

#5 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for your e-mail. I have had such a bad day today so bad that I called the pharmacist to be sure what medicine I took to her. I thought it was celests,which evidently does not exsist but the day i brought it in to her I was crying wearing sunglasses.
Anyway, I am happy with what you wrote and sad. happy that I can start the celexa and sad that I might experience more or worse problems. I know one night I had such night mares that I was afraid to go to sleep the next night but it did not happen again.That was when I missed 1 dose of cymbalta.
Anyway , when I hear other people get better , I can only trust that I will get my life back.
Thanks so much.....

#6 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

I think the (the elephant ,mouse and flea) means???that there is someone worse off than me??? :?:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users