• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chooseloveorsympathy

chooseloveorsympathy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:11 AM

I am finally getting off cymbalta. I have been on it for close to 2 years, and I think it is time to try to live without being dependent on a medication. But the side effects are so horrible, I can barely stand it.

I see everyone is more or less calling them brain buzzes. I feel dizzy everytime I stand up. Even if I turn my head to the side sometimes. I'm constantly nauseous. I have no appetite, and I can't stay awake for more than five hours at a time.

This is horrible! I've been missing so much work that I fear that I'm going to lose my job! I just can not stand up some days.

My doctor told me I should have no problem getting off of it, because I didn't have side effects when I got on it... he was so wrong. I wish I never started taking this medicine, and I never want to see it again!

Has anyone found anything that has helped them with the dizziness? That is really my biggest issue. I can't even go on with my daily life right now. Emotionally I feel alright, except for the frustrating I'm feeling with my physical withdrawals. I started taking a multi-vitamin, and that helped a little. But not enough.

I start school in less than a month. & I really can not afford to miss anymore work! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

oh, and i would like to add that i am so thankful that i found this board. i have had a very hard time finding information dealing with people who are actually going through the same thing i am. it's very frustrating to feel alone. i feel like people think i'm putting on about how sick i have been. but maybe that's just paranoia.

-Keri

#2 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

I too am relying on what Grey beard and others on this board say concerning BEATING THIS DRUG.Since I have been a teen , I have been off and on medication.One worked along time for me (zoloft) then it stopped working. I tried others and the stopped working but at shorter intervals. Then I tried cymbalta which I was told was a good medicine. I had 4 pills left to go off from but the pharmacist said I could go ahead and take the celexa. I drove this morning to the pharmasist and was told I already had celexa . Finally i remembered that I already had the medicine but placed it someshere untill i stopped the cymbalt. I was so embarrassed. I definately should not work as a nurse right now. I feel my brain is fried. I cried all morning. I have a splitting headache. Noone here at my house believe s me and I feel like a horrible person. My life sucks...I hope your life gets better.At least (hopefully0 you do not have trmendous problems stacked up andas of now I have lost 2 jobs >>>probally for the best as a nurse. I just want to get well so.....bad. I have my ex calling and wanting me to come back to him, My daughter is mad at me (20 ) years old and a new husband of 6 years who said yesterday he thought of leaving me.I cried all morning to get my mom to come to stay with me for a few days until I get back on my feet but she can`t .....life is so hard

#3 jean

jean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

Marbles--
I feel for you. Your family does not seem to be as supportive as you need. Any friends that you can count on? Somehow you need to find a way to reduce the stress in your life as the stress will only make the withdrawal symptoms worse. What about unemployment insurance, can you apply for that? Perhaps your doctor's office has a social worker that can help you find some financial assistance until you feel better. Please know we are here for you and feel free to vent anytime. I will be hoping that things improve for you soon. Jean

#4 chooseloveorsympathy

chooseloveorsympathy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

I finally had a great day yesterday! I tried dramamine and benadryl, and they both helped. I finally worked a whole shift at work and I think I am feeling much better. The best part is I feel emotionally great, better than when I was on cymbalta. I don't know why I thought that medicine was helping me.

Thank you for everyone's advice and support. It really really helped knowing I was not the only one out there who was having problems with cymbalta!

#5 julia1971

julia1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

I am on week 3 of Cymbalta withdrawl.. and actually considered getting back on it just to get rid of the vertigo and irritability.

I am also on Wellbutrin so I just upped that dosage and it seems to be helping :D ..

This drug is horrible.. The sexual side effects are not explained enough, nor the "below the belt issues"..

Finally starting to feel better, but still dizzy. Someone posted about wanting to drink and being able to drink more on Cymbalta.. thought I was the only one. I actually took up smoking on it. Weird. Also, tired all the time and lack of motivation.

The benefits of this drug certainly do not outweigh the side effects.

Exercise is a huge help!!! And it feels great to actually have energy again. I can stay up past 9 pm and I'm only 37..

Glad there is this forum to vent and share ideas. Try Wellbutrin-if it is right for your illness or depression.. it is a huge help in getting off of the poison called Cymbalta!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users