Jenofhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Locationmilwaukee, wi

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hi all,
I am going to be reducing my dosage form 20mgs to probably 15mgs in the next few days. I am scared. I have been on 20mgs for a month and of course I feel lousy, all the withdrawals, especially the dizziness and anxiety have been the toughest part. I so want to get done with having this med in my system and I read the success people have had and how good they are beginning to feel so that does encourage me.
The reason I am doing the micro bead counting is because I really don't think my doctor is aware of the whole Cymbalta "syndrome", when I called for the 20mgs the nurse said they don't come in 20's..well she checked and was surprised it does, also when I first called about lowering the dosage they had never heard of any withdrawals from this med. So, I figure why confuse the issue any further by asking her to supplement me with prozac, I don't think she would quite understand.
I guess I am just going to have to do it by the micro bead counting, I hope it doesn't make me feel too much worse:(
I will stay on 15mgs for a month and then down to 10 for a month and then 5 for a month, after that maybe bead by bead???
Does this sound like a good plan, please advise.
Thanks,
Jen

#2 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Hi Jen, I'm going into the second week of my first taper in over a month, I have to say so far not so bad. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, but I think as I know what symptoms I might experience I'm prepared better than before.
Houdi & Graybeard are right, the most important is to listen to what your body is saying. I know how it feels to be anxious to get done with it & not wanting to start a new taper at the same time. Just try not to push yourself faster than your ready to go. Your on the road so try to help yourself have as smooth a ride as you can prepare for yourself. I hope I'm explaining what I'm trying to straight enough , some things are so hard to put into words! I have to confess I forgot I have a prescription for Atavan, it's been so long since I have taken it. I was diagnosed with panic attack's long before FM or depression so the doc lets me have them handy. Anyway, I broke down this last week and took 1/4 of one twice over several evenings and ended up sleeping through half the week. I'm sure glad I didn't take a whole one, I'd probably still be sleeping! Like we've talked about before sleeping so much really makes me so emotional, but I tried to tell myself maybe it is a good thing at times.
Please take it easy on yourself, try not to be in to much of a hurry, your gettin there. Take good care of yourself and
remember you deserve to be healthy .
Be Well,
Bobbie

#3 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

Hi Jeno.... I have to agree with the others... listen to your body. I'm also weaning off right now so I can relate to what your going thru. You might have good days and bad days... but what if you don't ? What if all you have are good days? What if you feel better than you ever did before? What if? What if thinking works both ways... See what I mean? We both will make it thru this... I promise. Hang in there and good luck!

Perry

#4 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hi all,
I am going to be reducing my dosage form 20mgs to probably 15mgs in the next few days. I am scared. I have been on 20mgs for a month and of course I feel lousy, all the withdrawals, especially the dizziness and anxiety have been the toughest part. I so want to get done with having this med in my system and I read the success people have had and how good they are beginning to feel so that does encourage me.
The reason I am doing the micro bead counting is because I really don't think my doctor is aware of the whole Cymbalta "syndrome", when I called for the 20mgs the nurse said they don't come in 20's..well she checked and was surprised it does, also when I first called about lowering the dosage they had never heard of any withdrawals from this med. So, I figure why confuse the issue any further by asking her to supplement me with prozac, I don't think she would quite understand.
I guess I am just going to have to do it by the micro bead counting, I hope it doesn't make me feel too much worse:(
I will stay on 15mgs for a month and then down to 10 for a month and then 5 for a month, after that maybe bead by bead???
Does this sound like a good plan, please advise.
Thanks,
Jen

Hey Jen,

I was just wondering how you were doing. Hope you are ok. Please feel free to write if you need to talk or anything. Take care,

Perry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users