• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveG

DaveG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

I've been totally off cymbalta for I think 20 days now. I had a couple of good days, with minimal withdrawals

But now, about two days ago I crashed. i feel all the hoplessnes and other crap of a deep depression. Nothing seems to matter anymore. I was back to being exhausted today, and have headaches. Not even the promises I made to my partner about not wanting to "do anything stupid", and "I want to live, and I'll work through this". Now I just don't care, and the pain is growing.

I have unfortunatedly gotten rid of all my old meds that I'd been hanging on to, "just in case", so the method of stopping this is up in the air. I'm going to see my therapist today, and I just don't want to go. (I'm actually feeling anger towards him for no real reason.)

I have everything I wanted in life, I really do. A wonderful partner, a condo of my own. Got trained and obtained my massage therapy license. A few close friends. Even a beautifly cat! But depression and possibly Cymbalta, has robbed me of any joy I had. And I did have it once. Maybe that makes it worse,,I now what joy in living feels like.

Shit,,I don't know. I'm a 46 year old, overweight, unemployed, chronically depressed "cymbalta-Junkie". WTF happened?

What really scares me is, what if this never gets better? I can't iive out the rest of my life feeling like this. Being unable to do anything.
Dave

#2 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

Hi Dave, I'm glad your going to see you therapist & that is a positive thing. I always felt like that when I could afford to go.
I've had & am still having a number of days feeling like you do now and they do go away..honestly! I know it's hard not to do the "what if" thing when your in this frame of mind. It is always hard for me too. Do you have anyone who can give you a massage? I'm sure I don't need to tell you how helpful one is and how much better you feel after one! Even a warm, relaxing bath and long soak can be good for your frame of mind. Can you try not to let these temporary feelings run away with you? They are temporary, and they can take us by suprise when we think we're done with them. This drug is just whacky that way. You will be over this crap, read the other posters here who have been where we are. You just have to be ready for anything for a little longer. I know how much this bites, if you need to talk we are here for you. Have you tried Benadryl ? It can help with the sleep, it's worked well for a number of us. Also Melitonin works along with fish oil. Have you checked the Nutritional Support area of the board? There is lot's of good stuff in there you can get over the counter. I'm so sorry you got rid of your prescriptions but really there are nutritional & OC things that can help. I'm looking forward to hearing how you are doing after you get back form you therapist, hang in there you will get over this bump in the road.
Be Well,
Bobbie

#3 DaveG

DaveG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Thanks eveyone. I actually EVERYONE's advice.

First, did some Yoga (tryingto learn, but it's at least challenging me). Then went to my session with my Therapist. And BINGO! he did wonder if this was "just the depression". I admit I can't really discern completely, but I KNOW it's different. I've had the depression and Anxiety issues for over ten years. (At least THAT's how long I've been in treatment!)

The session went well, and I do feel a bit better. He actually seems to be open to this, and sympathetic about the withrawals. I guess he did some checking, and even mentioned he has another client, who reported the same difficulty with Effexor.

Then I went for a walk, 3.75 miles. My therapist's office is near a reservoir, so it's always pleasant walk there.

Keep you updated, and thanks again!
Dave

#4 iliao93

iliao93

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCamby IN
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Good for you Dave. So glad you are starting to feel better!

#5 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

Hang in there Dave! We are all rooting for you and I will be looking to see if you post and see how you are doing. Remember >>>This To Shall Pass.....shirl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users