2 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixjazzmine

phoenixjazzmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hi everyone.

On Tuesday evening I made a pumpkin pie, my favorite. I was celebrating the fact that I was feeling so good that day. I thought finally, my withdrawals were ending and my depression was lifting. But the next morning I was depressed and anxious again, which eased up a bit in the afternoon, but came back in the evening. Working out at Curves that evening brought some relief. Today I observed my mood go up to the point where I almost felt high on something, and then dip down to the way I felt soon after I stopped taking Cymbalta. This up and down went on all day today. I have been completely off of Cymbalta for 103 days. I like the highs, but I am soooo distressed over the deep lows, I thought I was doing so well, the lows were getting better until recently. Is this a "normal" part of Cymbalta withdrawals??? When I am low, I feel like I will never feel good again, and that I have never felt good, although intellectually I know that isn't true. I've come so far since May, I want to see this through.

My evil twin says that those at Ely Lilly who are getting rich off Cymbalta, and those that prescribe it like a candy dispensor ought to be made to take it and then withdraw from it as punishment.

#2 phoenixjazzmine

phoenixjazzmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

Greybeard

Thank you so very much for your quick response. I am so relieved that the peaks and valleys experience is my body's way of finding it's balance again. You are an angel.

#3 phoenixjazzmine

phoenixjazzmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Greybeard,

I visited with my therapist on Friday evening, and read him what you wrote about the pendulum swing effect. He said that your assessment is very good. :D My therapist's education is in Phychology with additional study in the chemistry of the central nervous center.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users