• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phoenixjazzmine

phoenixjazzmine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

I've been completely off of Cymbalta for 102 days, after titrating per my Doctor's instructions. My withdrawals were difficult, but i managed to hang tight and watch them go away one at at time. After a few weeks my thought processes became more clear, my libido returned and I had a couple of good days. But then I became depressed, plus developed a very quick temper. After July, my temper faded away, but during August I developed insomia and nausia and my libido and appetite went away. Last week I had a couple of really good days, then over Labor Day Weekend, the depression, anxiety, and nausia hit very hard to the point where I could hardly stand it. Now I notice that the depression and anxiety lift in the evenings and I am able to eat. But then in the morning it hits hard again.

It seems that the really bad symptoms hit me later than they hit others. Am I correct? It seems that others get the really bad stuff within a week of stopping, and it lasts two to three weeks and then goes away. God please I hope this starts to go away soon! I really do not want to go back on any SSRI's, if I can help it. These bad symptoms are NOT typical for me, even before I was medicated, so I stubbornly hang onto the hope that I am not relapsing.

For the first time during this withdrawal I was not able to make it to work today. I am almost out of paid time off days at work, so today I applied for Family Medical Leave assistance and short term disability. I need more time to beat this thing, I hope I qualify.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users