• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 carrie2434

carrie2434

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:21 AM

The nice lady in the previous post summed up her experience with Cymbalta withdrawal well.

HELL does come to mind with what I am going through now. I made the choice to come off Cymbalta after three years of being treated with a "cocktail" of antidepressants, benzos, etc. that have pushed me from being depressed to manic.

My last trip to the Pdoc, we were planning on moving me to Lithium. But he didn't want to take me off any of my other meds. Instead, I was faced with Lithium and Abilify plus three other drugs. No thanks.

I've spent months feeling drugged and unhappy after experiencing panic attacks and hypomania that has become increasingly worse.

I've tried to ween myself off the Cymbalta first ... slowly I thought. One week down from 60 to 30 mg, then 30 mg every other day, then totally off. I am four days into no Cymbalta in my system, and I feel like HELL. Nausea, headaches, dizziness, etc. Basically, like I have the flu with those brain zaps everyone talks about. Last night I decided to hop on the computer and google Cymbalta withdrawal and I found this forum.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for starting this forum.

Now, I know why my doctor didn't want to take me off the Cymbalta. ;)

The only puzzling symptom I have is an increase in appetite. I am hungry ALL the time.

I'm not going back to that PDoc again, but I have an appointment with a new one in a week and a half. We'll see what she has to say.

In the meantime, any advice for pushing through this HELL is greatly appreciated.

God Bless,
Carrie

#2 carrie2434

carrie2434

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thank you, Greybeard. The days are *very* long, even when I sleep alot. I appreciate the advice.

I'll check in after the weekend and let you know how I am doing.

Carrie

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

Carrie,
All of us here have experienced those same long days...but, we made it through, and so will you!! Hang in there, it does get better! I slept alot those first few days! If you are willing, and can find a dr willing to prescribe something like Prozac, it will alleviate your symptoms. I started Prozac 20 mgs on Day 4, prescribed by my pdoc when I told her I quit Cymbalta cold turkey. She was informed about "Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome" and knew that Prozac would get rid of the symptoms. I took it for about 5 weeks then stopped it with no problems. Prozac has a really long half life so there is no problems with withdrawal.

You will feel better!

#4 marbles

marbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

My whole life has been hell , i just think cymbalta added more fuel.... :evil: .shirl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users