• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveG

DaveG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:14 AM

Could it be I'm at two months? Since my begining to remove myself from Cymbalta?

Well, some of the side affects have gone. Others have decreased. The worst of the physical promblems is the aches and pains. Mostly in my joints. Hands and wrists, (not good for a massage therapist!) ankles. I ache all over.

My emotions and moods are still a roller coaster. Actually hour to hour. I go from feeling really crappy, to feeling ok.

What scares me is the mental-abilities being affected. I'm VERY forgetful, and I lack concentration. Two nights ago I went to call my partner, and couldn't remember his phone number. I've known that number for 7 years. I'll be talking to someone, and can't come up with a simple word. I hope that goes away soon. I'm looking for work, and being like this isn't helping my job search any.

I am begining to be able to make some decisions. Some of them important, and even hard. I have a boa (I love reptiles, but it may have been a mid-life thing about 8 years ago). I haven't been able to care for her properly, or even felt like I wanted to. Plus she getting quite expense to feed. I decided to contact a reptile rescue organization, and I'm speaking with them to place her. I realize THAT is the "right" thing to do.

But doing the really big things, like stepping up my job search, or getting into shape, I can't seem to do. Oh, I look for a job, and speak with recruiters, but it's so frigg'n hard to actually DO anything.

The depression, helped with the destructive Cymbalta, has taken so much from me. Tonight, I feel like I can make it, tomorrow, who knows?

Well, thanks all for letting me rant. This board is the most helpful thing I found on this journey. It certainly is along journey.
Dave

#2 Lori

Lori

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

Hi Dave, and I am glad you have found this site informative. It is so encouraging, enlightening....I love this site! Its sad, in a sense, but the success stories are awesome!! Yes, even after 2 months, we are still left with the confussion, sometimes I even encountered an anger slip up....but they become less and less, and as you probably already know, there is no set time for any of these to go away. I am at day 146 and two days ago, for 3 days in a row, I was so exhausted I experienced brain zaps....talk about a blast from my past...but please hang in there, it will get easier each day, I too am looking for a new job, half heartedly but I have alot on my plate, and I am still trying to pull myself completely together again. What you are going through is normal, and trust me, if I am more stressed or tired, I still can not put two sentences together properly, but those days are few and far between. You are in my prayers.

Lori

#3 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:30 AM

Dave,
Even though you aren't back to 100% yet, you are doing much better...so try to keep reminding yourself of how far you have come!! Some of the difficulties you are having right now might be regular ol' depression. If you are not already in therapy, or some other treatment for depression, you may want to check into that. It's easy for us to get consumed with the Cymbalta effects and forget about the underlying depression. Personally, I am not oppossed to taking meds for depression in the future if I need it...but, I will be much more careful about researching a drug rather than just taking the drs advice. Hang in there...things will continue to get better for you!!

#4 mspat08

mspat08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationtexas
  • why_joining:
    want to find out who's going through the same shittiness and how to avoid it...

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hey Dave...so happy ur at 2 months... I've made it through the first wk...Im on day 10. Im having the same symptoms as u are..the loss of concentration,and confusion and all...Yesterday I drove to the mall to make a pmt.on the way home I forgot to get into the right lane to go back home..by the time I snapped ..it was too late ..I had to turn left and find another way home/so simple yet so sad,, :roll: (not remembering)..I had a very bad evening on Thursday nite..my husband apparantly had had a bad day at work..when he did make it home..I said six words..that upset him even more.. :twisted: (He's got anger management problems)by the end of the nite I was really wishing I was dead.. :oops: Oh well..thanks 4 listeneing..good luck..keep up the good work:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users