• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kawaii

kawaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

I have been on Cymbalta for 5 days now. I believe I shouldn't be on this drug. I went and saw my doctor and he wasn't very helpful, he only asked me 3 questions before writing a prescription for Lexapro. He then went into the store room to get me a few weeks worth and then came out with 10 boxes of Cymbalta 60mg. Which I soon found out is a big dose to start on, I have never been medicated for anything. I started taking Cymbalta before I researched much on the internet and I'm now horrified to read some of the stories of people on and off this drug. My question is because I have only used this for 5 days can I quit cold turkey or do I need to gradually reduce my does? I constantly feel sick, dizzy, have a sore throat, but my depressed has lifted. I know it takes weeks to adjust but I don't think I want to adjust to Cymbalta.

#2 pharmarunner

pharmarunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:53 AM

I am by no means a doctor - but I have called on hundreds selling blood pressure medication and I can tell you - somedays I ask myself where these doctors got their degrees!! It sounds like he did not give you much direction. GO GET A SECOND OPINION - and begged them not to put you on Cymbalta. It is not worth it!!
Even if you need a SSRI - I would question why they started you at 60mg? That seems a bit high - maybe he didn't have samples of 30mg...I have seen that happen. Doctors tend to write scripts of the product samples they have on hand.
I know taking more time off work to go see another doctor can seem impossible - but your health and life is worth it. Be educated - use your physician for their knowledge - if he hasn't got time you - move on!!!
Good luck and remember - you are important and you are worth the time!! Good luck and keep us posted!
Take care.

#3 kawaii

kawaii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:50 AM

So its been a few days and I haven't had the dreaded withdrawal that so many have experienced (thank god) I did feel a bit sick, headachy and dizzy and my throat still seems to be sore. Im just lucky I quit while I did. In a few weeks ill go to another doctor and sort out something other then Cymbalta to help my depression. Thank you for your support and advice.

#4 nurse

nurse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:33 AM

If you happen to know a way to report that doctor for malpractice, I would do it simply because starting off at 60mg is a really really really bad idea.

You can't be serious, little over the top don't you think?

-T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users