2 replies to this topic

#1 GettingThere

GettingThere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have been taking Cymbalta 60mg and Wellbutrin XR 300mg for a Major Depression diagnosis. Recently, I decided to wean myself off of Cymbalta as I found (with both it and Effexor XR) it makes me feel fatigued and sort of numb-like (hard to describe). For about a week I took more and more of the medicine inside the capsules out until yesterday I stopped altogether.

I have been experiencing the head-zaps or sudden onset of dis-orientation but this has been beginning to go away and I can manage them. What I am concerned about is that I have begun feeling very nauseous and am wondering if it is because of the weaning off of Cymbalta or because I am taking Wellbutrin XR without the Cymbalta. I was also wondering if others were experiencing anything like this?

Regards,
-Getting There (Age: 26)

#2 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hi GettingThere,

I get the zaps but really haven't had any nausea. It could be the stress of withdrawal causing it. Hang in there , you'll make it. keep us posted.

Perry

#3 SeattleHil

SeattleHil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

I am feeling the EXACT same way and I was on the EXACT same cocktail as you! The last cymbalta I took was on Monday (30mg). I was on 120mg for no more maybe 6 or so weeks and it made me feel malaise, like I did not have the interest in doing the things I used to. My mother said I seemed "blunted". I was definitely not myself. Was not physically tired but the thought of doing things was exhausting. I called my doctor and she said to cut the mg in half so I took 60mg for one week. Met with my Dr. in person and she prescribed 30mg for one week then told me to stop the cymbalta but continue the wellbutrin 300mg. Here is how my week has turned out so far:

Monday- took last cymbalta 30mg per my doctors instructions.
Tuesday- felt fine. Started to feel the cold come on that evening. Both my co-workers that I share an office with had head colds plus I went to a kid-laden event that weekend prior, germ-o-rama. Still had an appetite. Started to have brain zaps and a bit of dizziness.
Wednesday- called in sick because my head cold/core throat were in full form. Took cold medicine. Still had appetite. Started to feel dizzy and had brain zaps.
Thursday- took more cold medicine, went to work and by 12:30 I was sweating and sore throat got worse so I went home and rested. Still add appetite. Still experiencing brain zaps and dizziness.
Friday- worked a full day, still a bit congested but no sore throat and energy level was better than the day before. Had appetite but not much, just wasn't hungry. Still experienced brain zaps and dizziness.
Saturday (today)- Woke up and felt very good! Was excited to finally run some errands, get some stuff done, go to the dog park, etc... Developed a dry cough but not really congested anymore and no sore throat. I was hungry. Made breakfast (two fried eggs and plain toast, orange juice and black tea) Not too long after I started feeling nauseous. The nausea got worse so I have spent the entire day on the couch. I also got chills then shortly after "hot flashes". I drank some mint tea, a small coke (I heard it helps an upset stomach) ate a few grapes now drinking a bit of water and still feeling very nauseous. Have brain zaps and dizziness.

Now at 10:30 Saturday night I am still nauseous, have the chills then hot sweats. Took one pill of Benadryl about 45 mins ago since quite a few people on here said it helps. Nothing yet.

Mind you I am PHOBIC of throwing up. I can't handle it at all so feeling nauseous makes me very anxious.

Any recommendations to help me get through this???? I rather have my full-blown head cold again then go through what I am feeling now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users