• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gettingoffit

gettingoffit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Hi to everyone. I have just joined the forum after reading many of the posts, and felt compelled to write something.

So first, thanks to all the other contributors. :D I have learned alot!!! You haved stopped me from feeling that i was going mad (paradox there, I suppose. Only a madman doesn't know he's going mad. As far as he is concerned, everything is normal)

A brief history.

I have been on Citalopram since 2004.( Suicidal thoughts, depression, etc.) Also Propranolol (beta blocker) as and when needed.

I was ok for a while, and then became worse about 6 months ago. My GP changed me to Cymbalta 60mg as a straight swap for the previous.

I had put on some weight, 238lbs to 266lbs, but that was the only symptom. I also managed to stop smoking last year as well!!

Well, within 6 weeks, I had gained an extra 18lbs. I was sweating and having hot flushes, and my patience had gone to zero. I was a different person, although I couldn't really see it.
It was only the fact that I was getting so fed up with feeling hot, (even when work colleagues had jumpers on, I had a fan going) that I went back to ask to come off the Cymbalta. I was beng a moody idiot, and my long suffering wife was at her wits end with me..........

My GP halved my dose for 1 week, no problems. Cool, this is working...

Then 30mg every other day for a week. Whoa, head 'spins' and brain 'jumps', can't concentrate, and getting more moody.....

He then suggested 30mg every third day for a week, and then stop. I stayed on alternate days for an extra week, to allow the spinning to calm down a bit, then went every third day for another two weeks....and then stopped 4 days ago.

Now - head spinning all the time. I seemed to have little 'jumps' in my head, I am a total b**tard to my wife. I have uncontrollable rages, where I would quite happily kill everyone in a room. I have suicidal thoughts. In fact I went to a local suicide landmark a few weeks ago.

I was giong to jump..absolutely pi**ed off with the whole world, and evrything in it. The thought of leaving my kids stopped me, however.

So, here I am, taking bloody ages to type this, as I can't make my eyes, brain and fingers work together, sweating, while my wife moans about how cold she is, head spinning, and feeling like shit (me, not her). I thought I was nearing the end, and then I saw this forum after a quick search. THANK GOD I DID!!!

But I am glad that I have managed to stop the pills.

But, I can't remember the point of me writing this. I did have a point to make, but it has escaped me for the moment. I'll think about it and get back to you. Sorry. I can't concentrate properly since coming off the crap. Just one thing I have remembered tho , does anyone else have an all over body itch, no internal temperature regulator, and a temper that threatens world peace?

Andy. :?

#2 perrypool

perrypool

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to the forum! I'm on day 2 without Cymbalta so I can relate to your situation. I haven't had any itching but the brain zaps are really bad today. it's not going to be easy but hang in there, you'll make it. We're all rooting for ya! Keep us posted. Bye for now....

Perry

#3 gettingoffit

gettingoffit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

thanks guys. You made me cry!!! :oops:

it's a nice feeling knowing others outside of the family care.

The sweats seem to have gone for today, brain zaps and dizziness still here, and now my teeth have jioned in the fun-: They're tingling. weird feeling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users