• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lostinlimbo

lostinlimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I am a 65 yr old Vietnam Veteran who has been diagnosed with all kinds of Psycho problems out there. In 1994 the Veterans Administration finally diagnosed me with PTSD, and major Depression. I had known in 1980 that I had PTSD from my service in Vietnam form 1966-1968. I was put on Cymbalta by the VA in 2005. About a year ago I was told to get off of this medication since it wasn't doing me any good. I was scared about comming off of this drug as they have pulled me off of many drugs in the past 37 years. I found this site several months ago and today I decided to join this site and give my story. I have been on so many antidepressants, and minor and major tranqualizers you can think of. I have been off om Cymbalta for about 4 months, and feel like I am going crazy. I tapered down from 60mgs to 30mgs, and then 20mgs till I was out of Cymbalta. The symptoms I am experiencing are the following. I go into a rage over little things, my anxiety is extremlly high, I don't injoy anything that I used to, I feel like I don't care if I live or not, I am irritable all the time, my mind seems to race all the time. I just wish everything would just go away. A lot of times I just want to cry, but can't, my wife is afraid of me when I go into a rage. I allso don't want to go anywhere at all. I stay in my bedroom all the time, and really just feel like just dying. I finally had to just get on this site to tell my story . I don't know what to do, and don't trust Doctors anymore. Am I alone??

#2 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

This truly breaks my heart. Did they put you on something different at all after going off the cymbalta?

#3 lostinlimbo

lostinlimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

This truly breaks my heart. Did they put you on something different at all after going off the cymbalta?

No they didn't give me anything else. I am on Remron for nightmares and to help sleep, and my Psych Dr. gave me Lamotrigine to help with moods, but I don't really see any good out of it. It just keeps the edge slightly off, but I still have episodes of rage, sadness and feel like my whole world is caving in. It seems like these Doctors want to give a person these Psych medicenes,not really caring what side effects or withdrawl symptons you have. In my 37 yrs dealing with these Psych Doctors, they have put me on many meds, and then took me off, sometimes without giving me another medication. They like to Drug Us Veterans up, and hope we don't bother them. Thats what they like to do to we veterans, espeically when we have PTSD. Nice isn't.

#4 truckprincess

truckprincess

Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawals

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Forgive me now as I'm just going to say it but that shit pisses me off!! It's horrible how our Vets are treated period! I have to say I think at this point all docs are just quacks who are happy to give out the candy med to keep us all coming back. I mean how else would they make their money and fancy vacations. I can certainly empathize with you. Just trying to wean off this evil med I'm either a psychotic raging bitch and now the crying episodes have kicked in. I don't feel sad at all just the crying is overwhelming and takes control. It feels like someone has ripped a part of me away and I can't stand it. All we can do is help each other and talk things out and stay positive. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me. I check in on here often when I can. I just hate for anyone to feel alone going through this.

#5 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I am going thru the same thing as you, lostinlimbo. I have been totally off of the poison for 6 months and I am a WRECK. All that you have and more... Fuckin' drug companies.

#6 lostinlimbo

lostinlimbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I am going thru the same thing as you, lostinlimbo. I have been totally off of the poison for 6 months and I am a WRECK. All that you have and more... Fuckin' drug companies.

I have been off of Cymbalta now for about three months, and feel like shit. The medicene they have me on now which is Lamotrigine 150MG for quote " Mood stabelization" has pretty much just made me completly numb. I don't have any feelings now. I don't feel happy, sad, or anything. I just feel simply NUMB. This is the only site where I found that I am not alone. I was on another site where someone had found a article about FDA tearing the Pharmacy Company that makes Cymbalta a new a---hole. I will try to get the article and post the site here. I am glad to see that I am not alone. These Psych Doctors that I have had in the VA system have pretty much destroyed my life. The only thing that has keep me going is my Wife of 44yrs. It i sad, but I wish I had my life I had when I was in Vietnam from 1966-1968. Sad isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users