Photo

19 Days Cymbalta Free And Yet Still Sick!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi all....
Well here I am 19 days off the poison. Yet I am still a shaking, sweating, nauseous mess. Somehow I had it in my head that after 2 weeks of this, that I would be fine. Well... not so true. I intend to try a naturopath when I have the time apart from going to the acupuncturist, working, and yes what seems to be my full time job right now... being sick, and trying to get myself well. I have been getting good advice on this website... good advice from good people. But I am so tired of being sick all the time!!
Anyone out there have any words of encouragement? Thanks!

#2 autimom4ever

autimom4ever

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi all....
Well here I am 19 days off the poison. Yet I am still a shaking, sweating, nauseous mess. Somehow I had it in my head that after 2 weeks of this, that I would be fine. Well... not so true. I intend to try a naturopath when I have the time apart from going to the acupuncturist, working, and yes what seems to be my full time job right now... being sick, and trying to get myself well. I have been getting good advice on this website... good advice from good people. But I am so tired of being sick all the time!!

Exercise the best you can
Deep breathing a few times a day
I definately recommend the naturopath
Could start with: Fish oil, niacin, Vitamin C, Multivitamin, and tryptophan (but make sure you are ok to take any of these first)

You may also want to consider prozac for a short term (a small dose) and then after a few months, taper that.

Good luck

#3 Tinajuli

Tinajuli

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi all....

Stick to it, houtex, you're a winner!!! You've done so well so far. I have been thinking...why don't you keep a diary, and write down DAILY how you feel. Then you'll also see that you have good days, good hours. I remember that you said you had a great day with your grandchildren? Try to think of the good days when the bad days overwhelm you. And it's best to see them written on paper...I think.
Hugs and xxx

#4 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off this med :(

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

It also doesn't help to keep looking up withdrawal effects constantly. ALOT of times we play into our own fears and it becomes reality. Stay away from negativity! Hope you feel better soon!

#5 houtex

houtex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

It also doesn't help to keep looking up withdrawal effects constantly. ALOT of times we play into our own fears and it becomes reality. Stay away from negativity! Hope you feel better soon!

Hey there amarie,
Certainly trying to stay very positive. This roller-coaster ride is hard. Last week, at one point I thought I had this thing beat. This week, I feel as though my nerves are on the outside of my body.... kinda like something on one of the Hellraiser movies. A big lol at that thought. Thanks for the encouragement.

#6 amarie221

amarie221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off this med :(

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

UGH! So sorry to hear that happened to you :/ I promise it does get better! I know it may not seem like it now, but it will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users