• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bunny

Bunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:09 AM

I tried this drug after 10 years of prozac/fluoxetine. The first day I took it I got to work and could not figure out how to put my car in park. I was afraid to see patients because of this. My dosage was ramped from 30 to 120 within a month. Constant light headed feeling, depresion and weight gain. I weaned myself down to 90 then 60 because of the co-pay. I stayed on 60 for two months but again did not want to pay the co-pay so I went down to 30 for a week. I had to leave work early Monday, took Tuesday off and it is nearly 3:00 a.m. and I am wired so tomorrow is not looking good. Since I went cold turkey I have become amazingly gassy. I have not been nauseaous but I am so "out of it" that I do not feel that I can drive safely. My anxiety is up and my body temp seems off. I have started Celexa at 20mg. and I took it tonight because I was afraid of it possibly making me drowsy but as I stated before I am wide-awake. Of course, I switched because a drug rep at my practice made it sound like the bees knees and initially it did have the unintended positive effect of calming down some OCD type habits that I had but the downside of this med is in no way worth it. Hopefully the Celexa will help my depression and the OCD stuff is minor and not a major impact on my functioning. No more SSNRI's I will stick with SSRI's thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users