• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JackD

JackD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:48 AM

My father has been taking Cymbalta since April of this year (first 30mg 2x/day, and then 60mg once per day), and soon after he started taking it, his voice got quite soft in volume. He took another drug as well at the same time (another drug that I think started with a "C" that helped combat the side effects of Risperdal) that gave him terrible dry mouth, but I do not remember the exact name of it. They took him off of that soon after. However, I know that Cymbalta also causes dry mouth, which could be related to the voice issue.

Also in April, he was taking Klonopin (which he had been taking for 12 years (.25mg 3X per day), but has since crossed over to Valium, and then fully tapered off of Valium just recently), and they also put him on Risperdal (crazy drug!), which he is off of now. He was also taking Abilify a little later on in the summer after he stopped taking Risperdal (because the doc ADDED Valium to his dose of Klonopin when crossing over instead of REPLACING it), but he is no longer taking that either, as of a few weeks ago. This was all on account of a mistake that was made with the meds, and he ended up taking too much Klonopin because they gave him a bottle with pills that were double the strength than he was used to taking, and he did not notice, and he even took some extra because we thought he was experiencing tolerance withdrawal, when in fact he was experiencing side effects from taking too much on account of the double-dosage!

Also, in April, when he first arrived at the hospital after the OD episode, they gave him a drug cocktail called HAC (I think that's what they called it), which was nuts! I'm not sure if that did anything to cause this.

He says whenever he drinks water or eats something, his voice is affected and it gets lower in volume, much like when you have a hoarse voice.

Has anyone ever experienced this while on Cymbalta? If so, does it go away? How long after you are off of Cymbalta does it go away?

This has been a crazy year for my father, and I am trying to make it as easy as possible on him, but I know that he certainly has a long road ahead of him after reading this and many other sites. But he's a trooper!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users