#1 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

But I am so glad I've found this site!! I've been taking Cymbalta for 2.5 years. Started on 30mg then went up to 60mg, then down to 30mg about 1.5 years ago. This is the third time I've tried to wean off!! But I am going to do it this time!! Thanks to this website!
I had been taking one capsule every 36 hours, instead of every 24 hours. Then it was suggested to me by my GP (not the dr that first prescribed Cymbalta) that it may be an idea to just stop and have a really bad week (although I'm pretty sure the symptoms would have lasted longer than a week!) than prolong the weaning.... So 3 days ago I took my last Cymbalta (until tonight) and I just went from bad to worse tonight! Severe anxiety attacks, suicidal thoughts, severe nausea, crying and crying, brainzaps (didn't known they were called that until I read on here), dizzyness... This list goes on doesn't it!!??
So I ended up taking one about 1.5 hours ago and I do feel quite a bit better now, thank God!!

So thanks to you guys, I'm going to bead count!

Why the hell don't Doctors tell patients about the withdrawal symptoms!? Oh yes of course, kickbacks!! I won't be going back to that Doctor again!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Well, it seems like the cymbalta manufacturers are going to loose another customer!!! Go for it CC!! If you need to blow off steam this is a good place to do it. An interesting side note... I saw my psycologist for a routine visit yesterday. She has been doing this for nearly 30 years and is very familiar with cymbalta withdrawal. She told me that only about 20% of her clients that come off cymbalt go through these withdrawal effects. Strange.

#3 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks fishinghat! Wow! It's hard to believe that only 20% of her clients react this way from weaning! How lucky are we hey!?.... I do have a friend that just stopped taking Cymbalta and had none of the really bad side effects. I was really surprised, but glad for her. She wasn't taking it long though, so maybe that helped her..

I can't believe I was in such a state last night! It was very scary. :mellow: I was home alone with our three young children, and feeling like I was losing control very quickly! Even had suicidal thoughts which is very unlike me!

So bead counting here I come! I'll wait until I get back into the routine of taking it in the morning again like I was doing before I start taking it apart though...

Thanks for your reply. I hope you're doing ok :)

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the well wishes CC. I am 15 days cymbalta free and I am slowly but steadily improving. Daytimes are pretty good now until the sun goes dowm. I stay fairly depressed during the evenings but even that is a lot better than a week ago. I think in about 7 to 10 days I will doing pretty well.

#5 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

So you did the bead counting?? And only took out 5 every day? Have you thought about going onto another type of antidepressant? That was the plan for me. My doctor said I need to be Cymbalta free for 1 week before I start on anything else. Easier said than done!

Sorry, assuming you were taking it for depression. I hadn't realised that there are other reasons that people take Cymbalta.

The more you look into it the scarier the stories are, aren't they! And no-one understands how you're feeling at the time except those that have been there! My husband got home last night and I was a complete mess! I had already passed the worst of it, but I told him about the suicide thoughts and you try and explain the wierd head spinning, but it's very hard for anyone else to understand...

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

This is the fourth ssri that I have been on. Usually it takes me a year to start to develop the really bad side-effects that require me to change to a different ssri. My doctor wants me to go on another ssri as soon as I finish the cymalta BUT she said it would only last a year or so before I would have to come off it. I am really tired of the rollercoaster. I am coming of this permanently if I have to live the rest of my life isolated from the world!! To your question...yes I did the 5 bead a day routine and had NO withdrawal symptoms until I got near my last dose. The withdrawal symptoms usually last about 3 weeks give or take after that. (at least that is what it looks like after reading all the old posts). The way I am going I would say that is about right. I take cymbalta for anxiety myself. I have been blessed with a good psycologist and a great wife. They have both seen me through withdrawal from large amounts of benzos as well as 4 ssris (including cymbalta). I am now on a LOT less medicine than 10 years ago and have learned a lot about how to manage my anxiety. I think I am capable to deal with this cymablta free world now. At one time I was taking 14 pills a day. Right now I am only taking 4 and 1/2 pills a day, mostly clonidine. It is hard for someone else to understand that these drugs literally tell your brain how to feel. They replace the seratonin, melatonin, dopamine, or other neurotransmitters in our body that control our emotions. As a result we feel what those chemicals tell our body to feel!! That is a hard concept to get your head around if you have never experienced it. BUT, remember you are still the old you it is just buried inder all those drugs. Keep up the good fight and you will make this. I know there is a couple tough weeks ahead of you but they will pas and you WILL feel a lot better.

#7 laststraw

laststraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

I posted this on another folder, but really hope it will help spouses of those trying to withdraw from Cymbalta.  If you are like me, you had no idea how bad this stuff is.

My husband has been "bead counting," to go off Cymbalta for the last four weeks.  It has nearly torn our relationship apart, may still.  The jury is still out.  I am sitting here at 4:00 a.m. reading these posts about Cymbalta and the effects it has on a person while taking it and while trying to stop taking it.  I was shocked.  My husband has experienced all these side effects and then some while he was on it and now that he is trying to get off of it.  When he takes the drug, he seriously has been known to stay in bed for 16 hours straight at least three days out of the week.  We go no where, do nothing.  He has no joy left in things we used to enjoy together, i.e., a nice meal, a glass of wine.  Simple things like going to the grocery store always cause an argument, and forget about driving anywhere together.  His driving has become erratic, and he won't listen to anyone about anything.  Last night, we were discussing him leaving until either he is completely weaned off this drug and/or find some other resolution.  We really can't live this way any longer.  After reading these posts, no matter what happens, I intend to be more understanding about what he has been going through.  We are talking about a guy who never even took aspirin.  He was prescribed the Cymbalta for chonic pain, but we had no idea it was going to play with his mind and personality.  This has seriously been the most awful roller coaster ride, and we've been riding it for four years.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I am glad you care enough about him to sit downand read these posts! It says a lot for you to do that. I know both you and him are going through rough times but try to remember that your husband is still "in there" trying to get free. I really hope you both make it. There is not a lot you can do for him but just be there. But don't underestimate how much hugs and smiles can do. You can really make this challenge a lot easier on him. Hang in there an let us know how it is going or if there is anything we can do for you guys.

#9 laststraw

laststraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thanks fishinghat, I appreciate your words, and I will be checking back here for support.

#10 2WheelHorse

2WheelHorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • why_joining:
    Learn from others share and help others by sharing my experience. Become well!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi,  The comments by all in this topic started by CymbaltaCrap are excellent!  They will be very helpful to readers and I wanted to chime in.  I've been Cymbalta free for around 1.5 years.  My highest dose was 120 mg. daily for pain and the anxiety from pain.  I can confirm through my own experience and a another family member's - that the "bead counting" way of tapering works very well.  I was able to cut the 120 mg daily dose in half fairly easily, in 30 mg increments spaced out over 4 weeks.  After that, I started going down by 5 beads per day.  As Fishinghat says, some can expect some tough withdrawal symptoms towards the end.  If you start to have difficulty towards the end, simply go back up by a few beads until stable.  Then drop by one bead per day from there. You may have some rough days but it WILL work.  I have learned to have patience over the past year and a half since completely off Cymbalta.  It takes time for a brain to adjust to chemical free.  it DOES adjust though.  At least it seems to be for me.  Laststraw, it's beautiful what you wrote.  Your husband is a very fortunate guy to have your understanding.  My wife is an absolute saint as well!  I hope he will recover steadily from issues caused by withdrawal.  Your love and compassion will help him through.

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the hope 2WheelHorse. It will be nice to once again be me!

#12 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

fishinghat it's so important to have a supportive partner isn't it!? I don't know what I'd do if my husband wasn't supportive! It is very hard for them to understand though exactly what's going on.. But if they're happy to read other peoples accounts on this forum for example, it kind of lets them know that we're not losing our minds!! :huh:  Cymbalta is a SNRI though isn't it? Not a SSRI? And it's this that effects so many people when trying to rid it from our body!? This is the forth or fifth AD I've been on, and I'm hoping to be rid of them completely once I get rid of this horrible one! Have you ever thought about a natural/herbal solution? I haven't fully looked into it yet, but I will be once the Cymbalta is gone!

laststraw you're such a supportive wife! As I said to fishinghat, it is understandably very hard for partners to know what we are going through! Is your husband going VERY slowly with his bead counting? And could he possibly try an SSRI, not a SNRI once he's off Cymbalta? Is he suffering a lot of withdrawl symptoms with his bead counting? I really hope things improve for you laststraw.

2wheelhorse did you go onto another drug after you weaned off Cymbalta? I'm starting bead counting today!! I had to get back to 'normal' after an episode on Tuesday night where I was weaning by still taking my 30mg but every 36 hours instead of every 24, then I was advised by my doctor that I may just have to have a really bad week and stop taking them, rather than stretching the hours out! So I was into day 3 of having none and I was a complete mess!! I was home alone with our  3 young children and besides all the crying, brain zapping, nausea, I was also starting to have suicidal thoughts!! And that is so not me!!! I sent my hubby a text telling him I need him home ASAP and took a Cymbalta then about 1.5 hours later I was feeling quite a bit better! Wow this drug is just amazing isn't it!! The way it can just change your personality like that!!

#13 2WheelHorse

2WheelHorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationArkansas
  • why_joining:
    Learn from others share and help others by sharing my experience. Become well!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hi CC,  I did not go onto another medication to replace Cymbalta.  I can only answer for myself though. I did not have any clinical depression that would have required me to consider an alternative to Cymbalta. My reason for getting on Cymbalta was related to back pain and to transition off of some heavy duty opiate meds. Exactly one year ago today I had back surgery.  I am feeling much better and thanks be to God, 100% chemical free.  I have to respectfully disagree with the advice your Dr. gave you about "just need to have a really bad week".  That may be OK if your situation allows for you to go completely unstable with no consequences. Personally I have too much to lose.  I am convinced that, if you have enough cymbalta, the best way to wean is bead by bead if necessary.  As "bead counting" is not specified as a method for tapering in the Cymbalta documentation, I can imagine that most Doctors would not suggest endorse it.  Before I started bead counting I checked with my pharmacists and got her ok.  I'm glad that you were able to re-stabilize and I hope you enjoy the same success in getting away from this C-monster!  Joe

#14 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Wow laststraw wish I could get my hubbie to look at some of the messages.

I'm on my second day on 30mg and it was a rough morning. Horrible, horrible headache; dizzy; noise in my head was making it so I couldn't hear; and very restless.

On the up side I was actually a little hungry this morning and the diarrhea wasn't as bad.

Head is still fuzzy and after taking med my appetite gone again.

I can't believe that I have only been on this crap for a month.

I'm so glad I found this site with all the help that is here. At least I was prepared for the withdrawals.

#15 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

CymbaltaCrap (i just love that name...It says it all!!! lol) - Your right about the spouse support. When she just hugs me or holds my hand the stress and pain melts away. It makes things a lot better. By the way cymbalta is both a ssri and an snri. By controling both seratonin and norepinephrine (a precursor to epinephrine (adrenaline)) it is why it is so sucessful in controling emotions AND in such a wicked withdrawal.

2WheelHorse - I did have severe clinical anxiety with bouts of depression when I started on ssris and benzos. I had a nervous breakdown about 10 years ago. I spent my next six months at home, isolated with alternating crying, pacing, rage and the shakes. Now I don't mention this for any sympathy but to bring up a point not often mentioned on this site. I not only had a most wonderful and supportive wife but a great psychologist. She taught me a lot of techniques and tricks to help me deal with the anxiety I was suffering. Because of their support I have been able to come off of 9 of the 12 medicines that I was once on. I have had to change doctors a few times (unluckily) to find ones that were willing to work with me to get better rather than just put me on more pills and send me on my way. I know that a lot of people on this site haven't been as lucky as me when it comes to having good support from their therapist and that is real sad...just like a psychiatrist they can either do you a lot of good or make things a lot worse.

#16 laststraw

laststraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Cymbaltacrap....love the name.  This is how he started his withdrawal from Cymbalta.  The doctor told him to take 60 mg. every other day and then quit and said it was no big deal.  My husband knew that if he did this he would just die.  It has been a terrible ordeal.  He started this journey three months ago.  First he alternated 60/30 mg. every day for two weeks, then 30 mg. every day for one month, then with bead counting 30/15 mg. two weeks, then straight 15 mg. for two weeks, then 15 mg. every other day, to where he is now five days with nothing.  His side effects are nausea, electrical-type impulses/surges in his head and when he blinks he feels  he might pass out.  He asked his doctor for an SSRI (Prozac), but the doctor would not prescribe it and and said getting off the Cymbalta was "no big deal."  How I have decided to deal with this as a spouse - not put ourselves in situations where we would argue, i.e., no going to the store together, no driving for anything more  than a mile or two in the car together, let him be (if he wants to lay in bed for 16 hours let him), offer food, drinks, but not harp on him, (which is what I have been doing for the past several years, because I just felt like he did not want to help himself, and if he did not want to nourish and keep himself from being dehydrated, then he just didn't care enough about himself or me) and, last but not least, try to be more understanding.  Like I said in my earlier post, it has been tough, and I don't know if we will weather this storm.  We have been together for 11 years, and the past four years have been trying to say the least.  He was prescribed this drug to help him with his chronic and unrelenting pain.  I feel that of all the drugs he has taken, this one has been the worst, it has changed him, and we just hope it is not permanent.

#17 laststraw

laststraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Lady2882...I found this site last night when I was feeling like this was the "last straw."  I was on Paxil many years ago for a brief time after undergoing open heart surgery, so I knew that going off it did crazy things with your head, i.e., I would be in the store and have a very sudden panic attack.  I attributed it to the heart surgery, but years later discovered it might have been the Paxil, so I knew there was something to this withdrawal from Cymbalta for him but just didn't really understand the depth...now I do.  Thank you to all of you who write on this forum for this understanding.  It will truly help me cope in the months to follow.  Guess the understanding though is a two-way street,  Your husband needs to understand what you are going through and you need to do the same for him.  My husband has been blaming me for not being as "nice" as I was when we first met.  I think he is starting to see that it is not me, is is this monster called Cymbalta.  I have been saying for months, "I just want him to be normal," and I still feel that way and still hope things will be better soon.

#18 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well laststraw, if you two can stick it out you will know that you can get through anything.

Right now I am having some hellish withdrawals, but I don't dare take more than the 30mg as I was very depressed on the 60mg and when I first found this site I was trying to find out how much I would need to take just to end it all.

It was not too bad most of the day, but now am extremely nauseated and diarrhea is terrible and I'm dizzy (dizzier than normal lol) and feeling like someone beat on me (especially my head)

Can you get your husband to come on this site? I know that it has helped me alot just to know I'm not the only one going through this crap.

Also helps when you know what to expect and understand what is happening.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

#19 laststraw

laststraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

He will come on this site later.  I told him about it, and I sent him a link.  He is not opposed to getting support from a website...in person, that's a different story.  Good luck to you lady2882, and I really hope your withdrawal symptoms start to subside soon.

#20 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thank you last straw

Right now I feel like I have the flu and menopause at the same time lol

I'm done menopause already so I know it has to be the crap

What can we take for the nausea other than more drugs????????? Anyoneknow???

Its got to be in here somewhere

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I saw on some of the earlier posts that people took milk thistle for the nausea. Milk thistle is a common supplement used by cancer patients to help with the nausea from chemo. Some said it help and some said it didn't. It may be worth a try to see if it helps you. I had a lot of nausea the first few days off the cymbalta but luckily it faded fast. Good luck. You all have been through a lot but at least now I know what menapause feels like!! lol

#22 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

lady2882 how are you going? How is the nausea??

laststraw how are you guys going?

2wheelhorse I think most doctors really don't know what the side effects can be like! I mean how could you!? Until you've actually experienced them.... But I wish they were better informed!

And why oh why can't pharmacists make a smaller amount in the capsule! I know it's not that easy... I know these Lilly jokers don't make capsules less than 30mg (well here in Australia anyway), possibly because they want people to stay on them!! Aaaarrrr!!! Sorry, just having a rant!! I"m only into day 2 of bead counting and it feels like it's going to take months, but it beats having a week like I did last week!

I hope everyone is doing ok!!

#23 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I went too long this morning (day 4) before I took the 30mg of crap so feeling the effects of withdrawal. So far it is not good but that just makes me more determined.

Hubbie and I went out yesterday to shop for flooring (my 2 babies - the dogs - have made keeping a light cream coloured carpet out of the question) for the living  room.

I was so exhausted by the time we got home that I couldn't do anything. I spent most of the time in the car feeling carsick (oh joy).

I stopped to see my pharmicist - her comments I posted on Help I'm Scared thread

#24 johanna7272

johanna7272

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Support group to get off Cymbalta.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

I started counting and reducing beads 5 days ago. So far, so good. I have been having some twitching when I smile and feeling there are individual nerves in various parts of my body, especially my face. Weird. My question is... Is there an easy way to count the beads? So far, I have hade the buggers scattered on the floor, sticking to my fingers, counted out , then getting mixed back into the original bunch, I have even found some sticking to my face. I am so afraid that I will miss count or mix up the ones I have counted and take them on the wrong day. I am starting at 90 mg. I have three 30mg's per day. I have tried several times to count how many are in the 30's but loose count. I think it is around 250. Any suggestions on counting and keeping track would be great. I do have weekly pill counters. I am also reducing clonazapam at the same time. Going slow with both. Started reducing the clonazapam on January 1 st. I am down to 1.25mg per day from 4-5mg per day. What I did to get here is to reduce down to three per day, then every 4-5 days reduce by .5mg. If I started getting symptoms, I increased by .25 mg and would be able to leave it. Now I am going two weeks before reducing by .25mg. I am going to ask my primary for a refill of the .5mg so I can split down to an1/8th of a mg. have been having vivid dreams and memories that I have not had in ages.

Thanks for any help. I have been following but not writing much. It is helpful to see an end in sight. I started taking a out five years for lower back pain. Was amazing with the pain relief... I ws having nerve pain starting at my Lowe spine, radiating across my buttocks to my hip, down the side of my leg all the way to my baby toe and the bottom of my foot.

I have been coasting through my life since. And compulsively shopping, sleeping for hours and hours, no real joy in my life.

I believe it is time to stop.

#25 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

TimeToStop

I wouldn't worry too much about how many beads are in each capsule, I would just remove the number of beads you need to. 

Basically it goes like this

Day 1 remove 5 beads

Day 2 remove 10 beads

Day 3 remove 15 beads

Day 4 remove 20 beads

In otherwords remove 5 beads more than you did the day before.

If you start getting bad side effects then stay with the same number of beads removed for a few days and when things settle down go back to removing the 5 extra beads

I hope that helps

I have to make a chart for myself cause I know I will forget how many I removed with the brain fuzz I'm having

Good luck and welcome aboard the Cymbalta ride

#26 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

You are reducing your clonazapam at the same time as you cymbalta? You are a better person then me. It took me a year to go from 3 mg per day clonazapam to zero. That withdrawal was FAR worse then the cymbalta.  I am impressed.

I couldn't find an easy way to count the cymbalta beads either. I wound up just wetting the end of my finger and counting them there.I agree with lady2882. The count doesn't have to be exact just come as close as you can to 5 more beads a day. The idea is just to reduce slowly. You hang in there and keep up the good fight...you will make it.

#27 johanna7272

johanna7272

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Making a chart makes lot of sense. I love playing with excel so this will give me something concrete. The reason I wanted to know why was cause I was dropping beads and wanted to be able to make sure I got the right amount in the capsule. I have been saving the beads I have taken out in a small bowl so when I get to a lower count, I could start loading empty capsules that I get at a drug store or on line. I have also been reducing by 10 beads a day right now. I don't have bad symptoms and I know I can always increase and will feel better. I want to stop as soon as I can. I never realized until recently how dumb the drugs made me. Lots of short term memory loss.

#28 johanna7272

johanna7272

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

I am doing both now. Started with the clonazapam two months ago. About three weeks before I started on 3 mg I lost my pills...I use weekly pill containers and think I threw away the meds, thinking the bottle was empty. After a week of feeling wicked bad ( I was already sick) I put it together that I needed to get back on the benzo's. my doctor would not refill early but gave me a small script for Librium. That ws when I realized I needed to get off these meds. I was very sick with diverticulitis starting last September, ending with surgery on December 31st. I was only able to get 3 mg daily while in the hospital but I was so sick ( surgery was a success but ended up having a leak in my bowls) it really didn't matter. I was on a morphine pca, then a dilaudid pca along with multiple antibiotics. By the time I was ready for discharge, my biggest problem was pain control and narcotic addiction. I weaned down then went cold turkey... Hell for about a week, then read more about getting off benzo's. so I started going down on the dosage, adjusting per my symptoms. Sometimes I have to increase but I need to stop.
Thanks for the encouragement.

#29 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Wow that is brutal. The meds at the hospital would have just added to the withdrawals once your were out. I was addicted to codeine years ago and that was rough going cold turkey with that especially the craving but honestly it was not as bad as the side effects of this crap. 

The only thing similar was the lorazepam. I was very anxious with that just like now. I can barely sit still now and yet so dizzy I'm afraid to walk around much. I have quite low blood pressure normally (70/55 when sitting) so am wondering if that is why I am so dizzy.

#30 johanna7272

johanna7272

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Lady2882, you really would feel better if you took a partial dose of another 30

0 user(s) are reading this topic