#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

Well, 15 days cymbalta free and I am slowly improving. I FINALLY got some rest last night. Matter of fact I slept 9 hours!!! That sure has to help. The feelings of fear and panic are very light and transient anymore (thank God). Most of my symptoms are anxiety related now which is what I went on this med for. I do a lot of pacing, very restless, overreactive, and very emotional. Although I am very emotional I cn tell that is is slowly, and I mean very slowly, getting better. If I can keep my brain glued together today I think I will try to do a few things around the house. Hang in there everyone!

#2 LINDAKAY

LINDAKAY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Right there with ya! Slowly but Surely!! This CAN be done!!! :rolleyes:

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I am glad you wrote that LINDAKAY. Here I sit about two hours after that post and am seriously thinking about crushing my cell phone with my bare hands because it rang. WHEW Don't you just love the mood swings!!?? Thanks for the encouragement.

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh the fun I have to look forward too. :D

#5 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

"Fun" is an interesting word to use...lol

For me, other than the paranoia I mentioned having at work which I can't tell is unfounded or not, my experience has been very light with fear and panic.  I've been fortunate with that especially considering for a couple years in my life I had struggled with anxiety/panic disorder.

9 hours of sleep?!  That's crazy...even on trazodone, I still wake up a few times a night which is really annoying.  I do think last night though I slept better than I have in a while...

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Well, today is not a good day. after several days with little fear and panic it has returned. A steady moderate fear mixed in with all the other emotions (especially anxiety). I really want this to be over and worry about his simply being a permanent return to my old symptoms. I guess time will tell. These emotions wear you down for sure. The emotions are sure overpowering. Looks likeToday will be a long day.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Well here  set an hour and a half after my last post. My head is spinning like a top and am depressed but the fear and feeling that this will last forever is mostly gone. I am just as sure right now that I will beat this as I was 2 hours ago that I will never beat this. What a mess. Emotionally drained but on goes the fight.

#8 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

I hope you're doing ok fishinghat!! Do you exercise!? I know that helps my head heaps! Regular exercise!

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

I just started 2 days ago CC. I am hanging in there. There are so many emotions going on now I don't know if I am better or not!! lol But I am darn sure going to hang in there. One way or another no more cymbalta.

#10 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I agree with that fishinghat - one way or another I'm getting off this crap. Its funny but the worst the side effects the more determined I am to get this out of my system.

CC - I'm going to try the exercise thing today as my head is fuzz and sounds like a tv with no signal and makes it hard to concentrate or hear what anyone is saying. I really hope it helps. Excercise improves blood flow so it should help, at least for the fuzz.

With my vertebrae fractures all I can do is walk but even that is exercise.

Exercise is really going to make me sweat.

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Lady2882 - My wife has had 3 back surgeries so I know what it is like to be limited in your exercise. She bought a simple weight bench and got on the internet. She has developed about a dozen exercises she can do while laying on the bench. That way the back strain is minimal. Good luck..a little exercise never hurt anyone! (so they say. lol)

#12 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I have some light weights that I could start with - thanks for the info.

I just have to make sure my male Boxer dog Rocky is in the house or my husband is as I can't get up when I am laying flat on my back.

Who knew that a Boxer makes a good companion dog. 

Rocky often comes to me and stands really close just before I have a dizzy spell too. 

If I am really having a bad time with withdrawals he won't leave my side.

He was like that when I was on the 60mg too. I didn't realize at the time but he was aware that something was wrong with me.

#13 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Fishinghat...are you taking theanine?  I highly recommend it for this...just went out and bought more and took 400mg...here I am 30 minutes later and feeling better already.

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,898 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

No I am not greenmachine. As I just posted on another string, I think I have finnally turned the corner. I have a pretty good day just tired. I thought the theanine wa for the withdrawal headaches? Luckily for me I haven't had any headaches and only one brain zap about two weeks ago.

#15 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

It seems to be helping me with mood and preventing me from getting stuck in those recurring downward-spiral thought patterns.  But yes, it also helps with the headaches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users