2 replies to this topic

#1 mspat08

mspat08

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Locationtexas
  • why_joining:
    want to find out who's going through the same shittiness and how to avoid it...

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Hi to all..I'm hoping someone can give me some info on this med..I saw my Dr. yesterday...and I've been getting really anxious..so he gave me a script for impramine..but Im kinda scared bcause I dont know if it's gonna be the same as the cymbalta..has anyone taken this?If so what dosage? I've got 50mg..Just got it today so Im not sure if I should try it..Of what Ive googled, it seems, that its the same as the other antidepressants.. confused;please help..thanks and God Bless..I've been off cymbalta since 8/28/08 and have had various withdrawal symptoms.not so good ones at first.

#2 secrity

secrity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    To talk about withdrawal from Cymbalta. I had been taking 60 mg /a day for about a year and I have been taking 30mg/day for the past week -- and I find it difficult to concentrate enough to write this.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:07 AM

It is a tricyclic rather than an NSRI or SSRI, but it also has difficult withdrawal.

"There are uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms associated with this medication. Tofranil (imipramine) should be slowly discontinued over a period of three to four weeks."

http://www.4therapy.... ... egoryid=69

#3 missratac

missratac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on Cymbalta and want to know what problems would arise in coming off.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

Imipramine, like clomipramine, which I am switching to, is among the oldest group of antidepressants - the tricyclics. They do have more side-effects in the way of dry mouth and constipation, but these can be rectified. There is a possibility of a discontinuation syndrome, which is why slow withdrawal is now recommended, but it is a far lower risk than with Cymbalta, and when I have come off other tricyclics cold turkey I've never had any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users