• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doviine

doviine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

Hello - I have been off of Cymbalta since the end of June of this year. In the earlier weeks of withdrawal I posted here frantically
(manically?) as I experienced a broad and disturbing range of symptoms. I want to apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way during that time.

For the past month or so I've been experiencing intense muscle weakness that is hard to explain. Generally I feel fatigued but not in the extreme. I have pain in my lower back and hips which is affecting my walking. And my muscles are painful to the touch and act like they are unable to perform the simplest tasks. But, I do not FEEL weak.. it's very strange. I felt weak in the beginning, just all over, no energy etc... but this muscle weakness is different in that I'm not aware of it when I'm not exerting myself. I discovered it when I had to struggle to life my purse one day. Most recently my winter boots (they are actually steel toed workboots) are too heavy on my feet. I feel like I have weights attached to my feet. I simply feel sore all over as though I have recently exercised too much.

Most disturbing - the other day I had to crawl out of the shower all the way to my room to keep from passing out. I recognize it was a
sudden drop in blood pressure.

These symptoms have caused my to have break-through anxiety as I recently began to withdraw from Ativan as well. I have been able to keep myself going though. Somehow I get through work which is very physical care for a partially paralyzed stroke survivor.
I have tried to keep things in perspective, remembering that cardiac symptoms are listed among the many symptoms of discontinuing
this dangerous drug.

Just about everything I've experienced has mimicked other disorders. I have not even told my DR. that I've stopped the meds because
I am kind of stuck with him and in the beginning of cymbalta treatment when I could not stop crying he told me, unbelievably, that
the drug does not cause depression it alleviates it! I had the package insert in my purse to show him and never did because I could not cope with any further lack of supportive validation, basic as it was. He did however, tell me to double the dose from 60 to 120 mgs which I did and it did work, the overwhelming sadness and s-ideation stopped immediately.

So I have chosen to cope on my own - just reading everyone's posts is so validating - it truly helps and I really appreciate people's willingness to reach out to others, to share and offer support.

I just wondered if anyone else experienced symptoms that under normal circumstances could be considered serious - I hoping these symptoms will subside just like all the other craziness.

It is good to know we are not alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users