Photo

Just Realizing I Have Been Poisoning My Body?!?!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Faith

Faith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have been on cymbolta for 4 months for depression and chronic pain. I took lexapro for years and was having a lack of sex drive with it. I was getting my pain injections when I mentioned Cymbolta be ause I had seen it in the news for pain and depression: my dr said to try it so I did. Month one felt great, sex drive back, no relief in pain but the depression/anxiety was good. I then started to get the brain things people are talking about. I never said anything to anyone 1) because I didn't know where it was comin from 2) I thought people would think I was crazy. I never attributed to Cymbolta. In the few times I have not taken my medicine in I would have a headache and get mouth sores. One time I took it in the morning because I forgot and my anxiety was so bad I took 2 xanex to call down (never take it) and had dizziness and sickness all day. In the last month I have started with heart burn and more brain zaps and last night I didn't take my cymbolta today I had a severe headache and throughout the day developed 3 ulcers in my mouth that are very painful and now I cannot sleep which led me here. I am starting tomorrow weaning myself off. I am assuming I should do it slowly because it seems my body is going to have issues with this. I have never had withdrawal symptoms before from any medication. I didn't even have an issue when I quit smoking. This drug must be very powerful. I have faith in God and am praying I have the strength to get through this! I also informed my husband via email because he is sleeping so he knows what to be prepared for.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hello and welcome Faith

This is a great place to find all kinds of information on getting off the Crapalta (oops my name for it).

If you have any questions just ask and someone will answer.

We are all here for the same reason - to get off this horrible drug, the safest way we can.

If you need to vent and rant then you can do it here. We all do at some point and its great when you have other members agreeing with you. :D

Take care of you

Nancy

#3 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
  • why_joining:
    I had to quit and I needed help, I got it

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

it's not a question of whether or not you have been poisoning your body, it's a fact. now you are dealing with the effects.... keep breathing. you have a neuro-chemical imbalance and it creates a reality few others can comprehend. what i believe is that somehow you have to use your higher brain functions to "reason" your way through symptoms your doctor won't even acknowledge and survive the hours when the seconds crawl. you are not alone.

#4 lollymcm

lollymcm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

LindaVandy you said it. I have to talk to myself and tell myself all the time that I am ok. Good grief is that a side affect? Just kidding. apparently Dr Oz had a show yesterday talking about coming off antidepressants. I am going to try and find it online. I emailed my sister yesterday telling her about what I was going through. She said that they talked about it on the show. Maybe we can get a few tips from viewing it. He mentioned natural things that can help with the symptoms. If I wasn't going through this and I heard about it, I am not sure i would believe it. Good luck to everyone out there going through this. I am angry that this drug is advertised on TV. And that we buy into the hype. If these are prescription drugs, and can only be dispensed through a Pharmacist, we should not be seeing the advertising. We are being prayed on by drug companies. Ok I think I need to go rest. Have a good one.
Lauryl

#5 Faith

Faith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thank you for your responses. There is something very comforting in this. I am not sure my husband will be supportive. I told him all the things I have researched and he told me just because its on the Internet doesn't mean it will happen to me:/ I hope we make it through this. He should know because prior to this year I have always been an upbeat, positive person. I bough about 80 invitimins today and was going to try to wean but I only have 15 pills left so I am going for as long as I can without it. I bought Dramamine and Alka seltzer for the stomach and vit c, d, e, fish oil, zinc, magnisium, calcium, and night primrose oil which were suggestions for helping me through. Thanks again

#6 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

First of all, I am on a dial up so please be patient. I would love to see the Dr Oz show and think we should bring cymbalta withdrawal to his "special" attention because I have gone through most every type of withdrawal and this is a "special" circle of hell. If your husband won't believe you, I could talk to him. Luckily for me my father understands i am going through a neuro chemical imbalance. I am not sick physically, i don't want to die, but it could happen.

#7 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

all we can do is keep breathing.

#8 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Faith - start bead counting right away with the pills you have and save the extra beads in a pill bottle. You can buy empty capsules to put the beads you take out in so that you have them to use later as you taper off.

If you need more information it is here on the site or message me directly and I can help you figure out how to make this work for you.

#9 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

BTW, you must find thought, humor and beauty in every day. This is not the time to ignore your perceptions of the world around you, nor your intuitions. Rather it is a time to "dig deep" and find your core. I had my core rocked by my baby brother's sudden "death" 22 weeks ago, so I've gone deep and come through but there still huge obstacles.

Here are two phrases that made me laugh in the last 48 hours:

This is what going mad must feel likeā€¦

I want to change the world instead I sleep, or go mad.

Try this for fun. Try to dance! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users