Photo

Weaning Off And Back Onto Lexapro - Will I Have Side Affects?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cmcollette

cmcollette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi, Decided Cym. made my Parkinson's tremors worse, so need to get off. I'm on 30 mg. My RN told me to take every other day for 1 week, then start Lexapro and take Cym every 3 - 4 days. I'm in week one and the first day without I thought I was getting the flu and achy legs and non-stop talking in my head kept me up ALL night. My second day without, I had a brief nausea and dizziness, and a headache started, but I took that medicine and it stopped it. And, I did not sleep again all night. Symptoms didn't last too long. But, now I'm really nervous. It's a full work week and I can't be sick. I already deal with depression and fatigue.

I'm hoping starting up the Lexapro again in a few days will help. Suggestions???

CMC

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Welcome cmcollette

Please call your RN and discuss your discontinuation side effects. There are alot of medical sites that your RN can look at to see that going off this drug is not as simple as the drug company would like us to believe.

Since you are probably on other medications I hesitate to make recommendations as I don't want to cause any conflicts.

What I can recommend is to get a good quality high potency vitamin that you take once a day and omega 3 to take 2 or 3 times a day.

Some experience anxiety while stopping so I would also talk to your RN about a Rx for Hydroxyzine. It is an antihistamine that is also used to treat anxiety and has been used with success by members on this site for anxiety and the itch that can also be a side effect - it helps me.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

We care as well as share

Take care of you

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users