23 replies to this topic

#1 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

Finally finished the 40 day taper but since then I've felt crippled.  I feel like I've had an intense full body workout.  Every muscle and joint in my body hurts.  I can barely move.  I was on 30mg of Cymbalta for 1 and 1/2 years for depression.  Has anyone developed fibromyalgia after getting off of Cymbalta?  I'm hoping this is only temporary because I'm not sure I could live like this!

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi there AJB40

Unfortunately that is a side effect of going off.

Try taking some omega 3 about 2000mg-4000mg a day and that should help with the pain.

And it should only be temporary. 

Take care of you

#3 LindaVandy

LindaVandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
  • why_joining:
    I had to quit and I needed help, I got it

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

it will come and go, just remember to breathe and do slow mindful stretches..

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Just did a little research on vitamins and minerals for fibro like Crapalta Cymptoms.

If you already take a high potency vitamin/mineral supplement then these cymptoms from stopping Crapalta will go away soon. If you aren't taking supplements then you need to at least take Vitamins C, D3, E, and a B complex and will need Magnesium and may need some Calcium as well. Or you can drink 4 X 8 oz glasses of milk and eat lots of fruits and veggies and whole wheat or wheat bran.

I'm getting way too good at this.

Crapalta Cymptoms - side effects caused by taking or stopping Cymbalta :ph34r: (I could not help myself).

Take care

#5 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Thank you!  Already taking Omegas and several other supplements that are supposed to help.  Not much of anything is making the pain tolerable.  This is messing with my mind and body and it sucks.  Going on day 8 of feeling like crap. :(

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Well that sucks

How are you sleeping? Are you waking up alot at night or having trouble going to sleep or staying asleep?

#7 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

make sure you're not dehydrated in any way, as this will make the pain worse. when I was taking more antihistamines this week, it coincided with a hot spell here.

it snuck up on me so slowly then I realised, I am getting seriously dry here! upped liquids and the pain is a bit better. as the others said,  high potency vitamin/mineral supplement really helps also. 

#8 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lol, Nancy... I do believe we posted at the same time!  Thanks for researching... I found out that Magnesium Malate (or Magnesium and Malic Acid) are commonly used for fibro patients and have pretty good success.  Found it interesting and "coincidental" that Magnesium Malate is also good for brain zaps that come with discontinuing Cymbalta.  Hmmmm.....  I'm on day 2 of trying the Magnesium and Malic Acid so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

#9 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Thanks to all that posted... I am willing to try just about anything, feeling pretty desperate.

#10 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Anything that helps with Crapalta Cymptoms I want to know about.

Now trying to figure out what is from taking Crapalta, what is The CW (crapalta withdrawals), and what is just something that is wrong with me.

For example: sharp pains in right knee, right wrist, hands and lower back are Osteoarthritis; leg muscle cramps? probably The CW; anxiety could be Crapalta or The CW; etc; etc; etc. LOL

Take care

#11 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

forgot something- if you are/have been feeling dizzy, a dr once said to me that this will make you exhausted and achy. the body is working extra hard to keep its balance- and if you're veering off course when you move, this puts unusual strain on muscles and joints. 

#12 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

No wonder my legs hurt all the time.

I have very low blood pressure normally and dizzy spells are a given when I get up too quickly. Now with The CW I have to use the wall to steady myself so that I don't fall half the time. That definitely explains the sore and cramping leg muscles.

Thanks chimera :) .

#13 Chamomile

Chamomile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey,USA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I too have muscle aches,especially in my thighs. I also have the headaches,foggy feeling and brain zaps. Each day I take 2 aleve tablets so I can function at work . It helps me. As for the muscle aches I try to walk when I can. Getting out in the nice weather seems to help. Can't wait till I am done with this....never again will I take any mind altering drug.

#14 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

This couldn't be just a coincidence, right?

(According to http://www.fmnetnews...basics/symptoms

Top Ten Fibromyalgia Symptoms

• Pain all over
  • Fatigue
  • Sleep difficulties
  • Brain fog
  • Morning stiffness
  • Muscle knots, cramping, weakness
  • Digestive disorders
  • Headaches/migraines
  • Balance problems
  • Itchy/burning skin

#15 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Not really a coincidence at all as unfortunately those same symptoms can also occur from sleep deprevation also know as Chronic Insomnia. Knowing that I am not really surprised that stopping Crapalta has all these lingering side effects as even when we do think we are sleeping the quality of the sleep is not very restful.

I was originally diagnosed as having fibro 18 years ago but once I was getting adequate sleep all my symptoms went away.

It does make me wonder with the fibro symptoms being so similar to what we are all experiencing with The CW (Crapalta withdrawals) that fibro may also be an imbalance of the brain. Also the vitamins, minerals, and supplements that they recommend for fibro can also help with The CW.

I wonder if anyone has been diagnosed with Fibro after being on and then stopping Crapalta.

I am 39 days off and still having side effects but I try not to worry too much about it as it can take as long as 12 weeks before they all go away. And at least now I can do things and that in itself makes me feel better.

Take care all

#16 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hello Chamomile

I almost missed your there.

Are you taking any of the supplements that are suggested? They really do help.

I wish Aleve would work for me but it doesn't do anything :(

Take care

#17 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Not really a coincidence at all as unfortunately those same symptoms can also occur from sleep deprevation also know as Chronic Insomnia. Knowing that I am not really surprised that stopping Crapalta has all these lingering side effects as even when we do think we are sleeping the quality of the sleep is not very restful.

I was originally diagnosed as having fibro 18 years ago but once I was getting adequate sleep all my symptoms went away.

It does make me wonder with the fibro symptoms being so similar to what we are all experiencing with The CW (Crapalta withdrawals) that fibro may also be an imbalance of the brain. Also the vitamins, minerals, and supplements that they recommend for fibro can also help with The CW.

I wonder if anyone has been diagnosed with Fibro after being on and then stopping Crapalta.

I am 39 days off and still having side effects but I try not to worry too much about it as it can take as long as 12 weeks before they all go away. And at least now I can do things and that in itself makes me feel better.

Take care all

Nancy, I'm also wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with Fibro after stopping Crapalta!  I can say this much, I didn't feel like this before. If it can take 12 weeks before the side effects go away, I'll let you know in about 10 weeks.

#18 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yes please do let us all know what happens there.

I hope anyone else who has had this will let us know how it turns out too.

This poison has certainly caused lots of different problems for so many people.

#19 fibro31

fibro31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    I took cymbalta for fibromyalgia pain and severe depression. I stopped because of weight gain and the withdrawal is hell.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi AJB40,

I had fibromyalgia before I started taking cymbalta- it was in fact one of the reasons that I started taking it-for pain. It only helped for about a month. There are certain pressure spots on the body that a doctor uses to diagnose fibromyalgia. I really hope that cymbalta did not cause you to get fibro- I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. If you have any questions about fibromyalgia feel free to ask me. I hope that you start to fell better very soon. This drug needs to be banned!!

#20 AJB40

AJB40

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks fibro31!  This drug definitely needs to be banned.  I'm the type of person that always reads all the patient information and I look up prescribed meds on webmd or drugs.com, etc. before I take them just so that I'm educated and informed.  This time around, with Cymbalta, I feel absolutey DUPED.  I could not be angrier!  We have all been misled!  One thing I've learned from this... from now on, I will also read patient reviews, as well.  I've also found out that webmd is a joke.  They are funded by.. who?  Yep, the pharm companies.

It's day 11 of being in pain... I wonder if it's possible for a drug to give you what it's supposed to treat just so that you will become forever dependant on the drug.  I can't tell you how many times I've considered going back on it but guess what, Eli-Lilly I hope you are listening, I'm not going to! :D

#21 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

I figure the best way now to research a drug is to look for support groups for the med. Type in the name of the med, the word withdrawals and then do the search. If nothing comes up then either the drug is too new or no one has had problems with getting off it. If it is too new then I'm not going to be the guinea pig.

If it is an older drug and no one has had problems getting off then I will look into side effects and user reviews etc, etc, etc.

As far as WebMD goes you can get more actual drug info on that site than from drugs.com but there are chat forums on drugs.com that are helpful.

After all the reading on antidepressants I have done I think that these drugs are meant to make you become dependant on them. Can't make money on a drug if it actually cures you and then you don't have to take it anymore.

Hang in there AJB it gets better

#22 fibro31

fibro31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • why_joining:
    I took cymbalta for fibromyalgia pain and severe depression. I stopped because of weight gain and the withdrawal is hell.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

lady2882Nancy,

I agree that the drug companies are only interested in making money. They aren't interested in curing anything, just treating it with their medications. And if they can make you dependent on it then you will have to keep buying it.

#23 gargan4130

gargan4130

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington State Usa
  • why_joining:
    I wanted to get other view points and the terrible post Cymbalta melt down . It would nice to get this drug off the market .

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Stretching and light exercise . Cymbalta blocks pain . You may have inadvertently created some pain areas . Now you are off the drug . So naturally the pain is there . I think Cymbalta creates these symptoms as well. I stretched almost all the pain out of my back.

#24 CymbaltaCrap

CymbaltaCrap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To find support and information regarding the weaning off Cymbalta. Also to help and support others in similar situations.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Aaahh this drug just keeps getter better and better doesn't it!! GGggggrrrr!!!
Just when you think you have had all the withdrawal symptoms, you read anothers story and you find out that you also have that symptom!! Not fibromyalgia for me but insomnia!! OMG!!!!

Keep on keeping on people, we'll all get there!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users