Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:
    to share my experience and to ask for help

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

funnily enough as some of us were talking about the effects on hormones Cymbalta has, this is weird timing.

I am not pregnant, am 38 so not menopausal. Cymbalta had made the boobs feel extra sore and lumpy, but I have never had an

actual abscess on them before in my life. I know antidepressants increase milk production in both men and women- and I am 

used to this having been on a few antidepressants in my time! but am confused- now I am nearly 4 week off, is my oestrogen 

increasing, decreasing, what's going on with my boob:(

I have antibiotics btw, it just popped up out of nowhere today. a great whopping red hot lump:/ I'd been feeling a bit 'off' but obviously

put that down to withdrawal.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hey there chimera

I'm at almost 6 weeks off and the soreness in the boobs is starting to go away, I think (I hope :().

Since I am post menopausal the sore slightly fuller boobs that started about 2 weeks ago was rather unexpected to say the least. The change in size was one side effect that hubbie noticed first (no surprise there), but then they started to get sore too.

I'm really hoping this completely goes away soon as it is not pleasant. Its been a long time since I've had to deal with this kind of thing.

Take care

#3 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok...wait...what? Boob issues?? I don't have that. This drug is CRAZY!

#4 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

Hey there chimera

I'm at almost 6 weeks off and the soreness in the boobs is starting to go away, I think (I hope :().

Since I am post menopausal the sore slightly fuller boobs that started about 2 weeks ago was rather unexpected to say the least. The change in size was one side effect that hubbie noticed first (no surprise there), but then they started to get sore too.

I'm really hoping this completely goes away soon as it is not pleasant. Its been a long time since I've had to deal with this kind of thing.

Take care

hey Nancy

ah in that case, might take a few more weeks at least for me too then. hubbie is usefully eagle eyed, my partner hasn't noticed anything different, but mine have been feeling increasingly more uncomfortable in the last couple of weeks. 

yes it must've been an unwelcome surprise for you! and rather unfair for you also. blasted drug <_<

#5 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Ok...wait...what? Boob issues?? I don't have that. This drug is CRAZY!

lol yes, it is a very messed up drug, and that's an understatement! as this abscess thing is not common in non pregnant/non nursing women, I have to have a full check on them once this has cleared up apparently. I feel like a freak! 

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Actually I used to have alot of little abscesses in my mid to late 30's and early 40's but they were just little. My one sister used to get them too but both hers and mine went away on there own. But wait a minute, yup checked my health book, I had one that didn't want to go away when I was on the Crapalta. Very annoying and larger than I usually get but kind of forgot about it as it was just after I went down to 30mg and was suffering from Cymptoms. Well it does affect hormone levels and it raises estrogen so a withdrawal would be like that few days before ones time of the month. No wonder we all get so sick, totally messes with our hormones. Hopefully that is all over now. Take care

#7 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Actually I used to have alot of little abscesses in my mid to late 30's and early 40's but they were just little. My one sister used to get them too but both hers and mine went away on there own. But wait a minute, yup checked my health book, I had one that didn't want to go away when I was on the Crapalta. Very annoying and larger than I usually get but kind of forgot about it as it was just after I went down to 30mg and was suffering from Cymptoms. Well it does affect hormone levels and it raises estrogen so a withdrawal would be like that few days before ones time of the month. No wonder we all get so sick, totally messes with our hormones. Hopefully that is all over now. Take care

thank you for checking that, that is reassuring. as you say, looks like the oestrogen declines sharply in withdrawal, and the sudden surge back of progesterone would cause those pmt type breast issues of lumpiness, aggravation of cysts, abscesses and the like,  x100! fever going down a bit now, and abscess looks smaller and less redness. fingers crossed, least we know why now, thanks x

#8 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

I'm so sorry Chimera. :unsure:

#9 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm so sorry Chimera. :unsure:

lol that's ok, hope you are sleeping better:) x

#10 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am thanks. But only if I take something to sleep. I wish I could just sleep like a normal person. Although, I don't know what normal is anymore.

#11 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am thanks. But only if I take something to sleep. I wish I could just sleep like a normal person. Although, I don't know what normal is anymore.

hopefully this will level out in time. it's disorientating when we don't know what is normal any more in so many respects!

#12 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hello Chimera & Kittencat

Hope that abscess is setting down for you Chimera.

These days I too am trying to figure out what is normal. Crapalta certainly screws up that up in our minds.

Take care of you

#13 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hello Chimera & Kittencat

Hope that abscess is setting down for you Chimera.

These days I too am trying to figure out what is normal. Crapalta certainly screws up that up in our minds.

Take care of you

hello Nancy, I hope you are feeling a little bit better today. abscess is settling down nicely thank you, had Z-pack of Azithromycin, 2 lots of 3 day course. rotten side effects but finished them now, and although they hang around the body for a while after, am feeling considerably better than before. was absolutely wiped out, hardly had the energy to string a sentence this last week! been taking probiotics. the boobs still feel bigger than normal, but lump is smaller for sure. 

#14 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

How does a normal person sleep? I don't think I have slept normal for decades. Apparently one is expected to sleep uninterrupted for 6 to 8 hours. The only time that has happened to me has the result of lucky call by doctor with Rx lol

How does that go?

Get back, get back to normal, get back to normal, whatever your normal is.

LOL

#15 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

hello Nancy, I hope you are feeling a little bit better today. abscess is settling down nicely thank you, had Z-pack of Azithromycin, 2 lots of 3 day course. rotten side effects but finished them now, and although they hang around the body for a while after, am feeling considerably better than before. was absolutely wiped out, hardly had the energy to string a sentence this last week! been taking probiotics. the boobs still feel bigger than normal, but lump is smaller for sure. 

Hello Chimera

Glad to hear it is getting smaller.

I am sure I will feel better as soon as I start sleeping again. Hopefully that will be tonight. 

Take care

#16 baroness

baroness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Wait - breast soreness is a symptom of withdrawal? Oh, thank god, I was afraid I'd have to get this checked out, too. I mean, not 'thank god,' really, but I'm glad it's just a symptom and probably not indicative of something terrible...

#17 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

The breast soreness is due to a shift in hormones. In men testosterone begins to change to estrogen and in women estrogen production increases. Having said that and not being a doctor, if you are having that problem I would suggest you have a mamogram done just in case.

#18 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

The breast soreness is due to a shift in hormones. In men testosterone begins to change to estrogen and in women estrogen production increases. Having said that and not being a doctor, if you are having that problem I would suggest you have a mamogram done just in case.

yes apparently if this reoccurs, it's mamogram time! darn hormones lol.

#19 Kittencat

Kittencat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCali
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Sorry guys, work and kid and new man keeping me busy. Sleep is better. Still not MY normal. Hope you guys are well!

#20 chimera

chimera

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Locationlondon
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Sorry guys, work and kid and new man keeping me busy. Sleep is better. Still not MY normal. Hope you guys are well!

great to hear the sleep is levelling out now, ish:) 

#21 Zappinist

Zappinist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMidwest, US
  • why_joining:
    I, too, FELT your pain.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's great you are so active , KittenCat. 

#22 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Sounds like you are living your life again. That's fantastic Kittencat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users