• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 prams

prams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

For those of you who read my last post, "Getting Off Cymbalta - Cold Turkey," it's been 19 days in total since I've now been off the prescription drug. I'd like to include my personal journal updates on how I was feeling throughout the withdrawal process, for those who are contemplating doing the same.
Day 9 Off Cymbalta: Today started out better then yesterday. I was able to take care of a few personal things in the house with minimal dizziness. Towards the latter part of the afternoon my brain zaps became more prevalent and I needed to lay down and rest. I took a nice long shower which I wasn't able to do before without holding onto the railings for support.
Day 10 Off Cymbalta: I was afraid to admit it until now, but I feel great. I was able to accomplish a ton of work that had been sitting for the past few days. My energy is great and I don't feel a heavy haze, especially while driving. I still can't seem to fall asleep at a decent hour. It's been around 2am before I hit my REM's.
Day 11 Off Cymbalta: I've lost the intense body aches but my brain zaps are worse than ever. It feels like an extreme migraine. It's so intense I feel like I have to throw up. I can't sleep at all. When I take one Unisom for sleep it only helps me sleep for an hour. Taking two the other night knocked me out cold. I've been in bed now most of the morning and don't forsee me getting out for the rest of the day. Today is not a good day.
Day 13 Off Cymbalta: I slept for 9 hours last night but have felt drozy all afternoon. I had my first alcoholic beverage in awhile to watch the game - a beer. It didn't sit well with me. Have a slight headache, but not unbearable.
Day 14 Off Cymbalta: I slept great last night. I was sleepy before I went into bed. Probably caught my REM's by 12:30am. Felt slight nausea this afternoon and have a slight headache. No new significant progress to report.
Day 15 Off Cymbalta: I feel really sick today. My stomach is very crampy. I've done nothing today because I'm not feeling good at all. It could be my menstrual cycle and my body isn't used to it now since I'm off Cymbalta.
Day 17 Off Cymbalta: Today was a very productive day for me, although last night was unbearable because of terrible heart palpatations that last almost 40 minutes, because I took 2 aleve before bed.
Day 18 Off Cymbalta: A very good day so far. No heart palpatations last night and I ran many errands today.
Day 19 Off Cymbalta: I feel like my old self again. I'm sure I'm not 100% but I'm confident I'm on the right track.

#2 iamamess

iamamess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have fibro and severe stenosis in L2 L3 which is an unusual spot for it. Anyhow, Rheumatologist put me on Cymbalta 30 then to 60 then to 90. I could not tolerate 90 I was in a fog and depressed. He lowered me to 60 and gave me 300mg of Wellbutrin XL Severe h/a and no orgasm . Dr lowered my Wllbutrin XL to 150 and I lowered myself to 30 of Cymbalta. This all happened in 5 months. Could I have withdrawal this soon Now i took myself off cymbalta

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

I have not had any major symptoms like you but I stopped the Cymbalta because I was forgetting words, I could not complete a solid sentence. My problems were like that while using the drug plus unable to orgasm So far no negative symptoms of withdrawal. I started in October at 30 and went to 60 in November and then my symptoms became worse with use. No help with my fibromyalgia and that is why I took it. Now today is only day 5 with out it but I have a slight headache but the weather has changed so it might be due to that. You went through hell but seem to be on the road to the ok life. Does everyone go through withdrawal like you did. I think what you did was great and I would like to continue with my no dose at all. I had gone back down to 30mg in December but my dr put me on wellbutrin xl to take the place of Cymbalta. What do you think of that

#3 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

iamamess:

You are a testament to the fact that everyone is different and how they react to weaning and withdrawing from Cymbalta is individual. Actually, how we react to taking Cymbalta is individual, though many of us have the a lot of the same symptoms on and off the drug. You asked what we thought of you being put on Wellbutrin XL as you wean and withdraw. This very much can be a good reason why you are not suffering from some of the strong weaning and withdrawal symptoms. You will read on this forum how much better forum members have been able to wean and withdraw from Cymbalta with a 'bridge' prescription of another antidepressant. Lots of patients have used Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Prozac and others. It seems it is a big help with the side effects of weaning and withdrawing. There is a general concern about too much serotonin uptake medication and some syndrome associated with it.

I think it is terrific you are posting here. It is important for all that come and visit this site find all kinds of help and experiences regarding weaning and withdrawing. Yours is a great addition to the group. Hope to hear continued success from you and you will be able to think of all the words you want to use. (I had the same issue! Still have some issue with it. But, I said child birth caused the same side effect! :) )

Best of wishes,
Houdi

#4 dneaks9624

dneaks9624

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • why_joining:
    I came from what winners do.com and wish to continue telling my story of major withdrawals from cymbalta

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

It is hard to put on a scale of the withdrawl symptoms of cymbalta because they were all pretty much major. But I will do my best.
Scale of one to ten. Ten being the worst.
Nausea 10+
Vomitting 10+
Dizziness 8+
Heads zaps 10+ aka paresthesias - electric shock sensations <<<< (are you kidding me)
Fatigue/ poor sleep 10+
Brain fog 10+
Short term memory problems 10+
Hot and cold chills similar to the flu 10
Joint pain 8
Frustration/anger 9
Ear muffled sounds 8
Comprehension ability gone 10+
Crying spells 10+
(weaning process took weeks)
I was put on cymbalta for depression and anxiety started the drug in May of 07 - Dec 08.
I started weening myself off of this drug and here is my nightmare, I weened from 60mg to 30mg to 15mg to 7mg, opening the capules for the 15 and 7mg ween. (7mg just to take the edge off).
12/1 Last pill AFTER the weening process
12/3 had to take cymbalta again b/c of all the withdrawl effects listed above 7mg
12/4-5 took cymbalta 7mg
12/6 no cymbalta
12/7 took cymbalta 7mg
12/8-11 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
12/12 took cymbalta 7mg
12/13-25 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
12/25 @ night took cymbalta 7mg
12/26-29 no cymbalta had all withdrawal effects listed above
kept having withdrawl effects everyday, but they lessened as time went by.
around January 16th 09 my brain was finally becoming clearer, and I was beginning
to comprehend things, and function much better. But I still have days of withdrawl, especially
the brain not being clear days, and I know that is b/c of being on the cymbalta.
And here it is February 8th 09, and I am still trying to comprehend everything that has just happened to me. It is alot to take in. I take everyday one step at a time, and it has been a very slow process. What Eli Lilly (the drug company) is failing to do, is to understand that cymbalta's withdrawl effects or should I say ( discontinuation effects ) are higly under rated. This is serious, and people are sick and want answers.
I Hope this gives you a better understanding of what I am trying to say.
dneaks9624

Private messageE-mail Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users